Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Unwanted Hyperlink popup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chriswadams

chriswadams

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'm trying to create some .topx modules from material that is stored in html format. My problem is that after creating the e-Sword module, when I go to read it, there is an annoying popup on the screen, stating the location of the original document, and the words "Press Ctrl + left click to open". Pressing 'Ctrl + left click' opens the document in a browser.

I want to get rid of this popup, but I have tried using the 'Remove Formatting' option, and it does nothing. When I try to edit the link in T3 (using 'Insert>Link'), I get a strange result: all text in the .rtf file becomes blue, underlined, and 36 points high. Then I get this strange error message:

"Report the following:
⎕WI ERROR: tx4ole17 exception 800A4E34 The specified field identifier is invalid.
TxFieldData[9]     obj ⎕wi 'FieldData' id arg
                       ^
----------------------------------------
TxFieldData[9] *    
Hyperlink[206]      
>[fmHL.bnOK;Click]  
<[fmTxCtrl;Wait]    
Start[60]          
"

Does anybody have any suggestions for how I can get rid of this popup? (I'm really hoping I don't have to completely redo these modules!)

Thanks,

Chris Adams.

#2 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Open your file in a web browser (since it's in html format), highlight all the text, and hit ctrl-c (copy).  Then paste the whole thing in MS Word.  If there are any links, they are easily removed by hitting ctrl-a, and then after everything is highlighted, hit ctrl-shift-f9.  Save it as an rtf file and open it in T3 or T4 and go from there.

#3 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

I assume you mean T4 and not T3 as T3 does not use the "tx4ole17" module.  Try this, select the text around the offending portion of the document, and select on the Hyperlink toolbar,  Delete+Delete Selected Hyperlinks.

#4 chriswadams

chriswadams

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

BH. --

You were right about me referring to T4 rather than T3, and also right about the solution; it worked perfectly!

Thanks again,

Chris Adams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users