Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Creating a dictionary module (DCTX) with Polish characters

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Uncheck the option in T4 modules menu, 'Old RTF Code'

setting strong=1 will allow you to have tooltips when you hover the Gxxxxx, but you will need to set this dictionary in the Strong's# number tooltips

also change #define nosort= to #define nosort=1

You don't need the final ÷ at the end of the file.

Jon

#12 e-sword1962

e-sword1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Thank you guys. Finally, after many trials, I succeeded  in creating a dictionary with appropriate Polish font displaying. What I noticed is that the MARK should not be left at the end of file (it's misleading that it appears after variables are launched - one doesn't know whether it sholud be left or not). When I tried many times to create my dictionary and left the same abbreviation from the previous trial  a dictionary file was created but it wasn't seen in E-sword though present in the E-sword directory. I also don't know why my first trials with ToolTip Tool NTv1.69 produce wrong font display but after some time it created appropriate fonts. Anyway, I'm happy that with your help I have this dictionary now :-)

#13 e-sword1962

e-sword1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Now I saw, the previous post - thnx JPG. BTw, what is this nosort switched to 1 necessary for? And I have "old RTF Code" checked - it worked anyway.

Edited by e-sword1962, 02 March 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#14 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Now I saw, the previous post - thnx JPG. BTw, what is this nosort switched to 1 necessary for? And I have "old RTF Code" checked - it worked anyway.

OK I suppose you had 'Include RTF Header' selected in T4, so it will work ok with 'old RTF Code'......

anyway, the 'nosort=1' means that how you have the topics in your document is how they will appear in the module. I can see from the screen shot you posted that the topics are not in order in the module, but they are in the sample you posted.

Jon

#15 e-sword1962

e-sword1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

One more detail :-) Now I remember what I did to succeed. I copied the content of the WORD file into the NOTEPAD and saved the text as UTF-8 and then copied and pasted into the ToolTip program.

#16 e-sword1962

e-sword1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Thnx JPG, you;re right I have the order G1, G10, G100, G1000 which is not convenient :-)

#17 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

One more detail :-) Now I remember what I did to succeed. I copied the content of the WORD file into the NOTEPAD and saved the text as UTF-8 and then copied and pasted into the ToolTip program.

I made a module successfully with the rtf sample you posted.

Jon

#18 e-sword1962

e-sword1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

So I used my RTF file again and 1st trial - wrong font display (OLD RTF CODE was unchecked)

2nd trial - success but this time  I had "OLD RTF CODE" checked.

Edited by e-sword1962, 02 March 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#19 e-sword1962

e-sword1962

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Again, I took my RTF file and saved as UTF-8 - then it worked OK regardless the "OLD RTF CODE" checked or unchecked

#20 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Again, I took my RTF file and saved as UTF-8 - then it worked OK regardless the "OLD RTF CODE" checked or unchecked

OK looks like there is more than one way to do the job.

Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users