Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

I still can't open zip files.

1 reply to this topic

#1 hrob1

hrob1

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

I have yet to be ab le to pen a zip file. I have 7-Zip on both desktop and laptop. How do I get them to E-Sword?

On my laptop, 7-zip says it sending to E-=Sword but I still cant find it. I tried for awhile to load J.Vernon McGee's Thru the Bible notes.

I can find the file pn the laptop but can't open it. The window says it can't open to put in the program to open it. I tried everything I knew and it wouldn't do anything.

With the desktop if I download a zip fil, e_Sword opens but no file. I can't even find the file.It just disappears.

I have downloaded the module installer on both machines. but I am just ZIPPED out.

Please any help is appreciated.

hr.

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

The McGee study notes are topic notes, the might be in your Program files (in Windows 7 it is Program Files (86) or in Documents e-Sword. Since you said that you could not see the file in e-Sword, I would suggest looking for the file in the Documents e-Sword file.

If it doesn't show up there, click on the zip file, it should open s  directory, if it does you can drag and drop it to the directory your computer likes to store topx files.

If you cannot see the file in e-Sword (the program) are you looking for it in the Editor  Topic Notes area?  

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users