Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Secondary Dictionary Window

1 reply to this topic

#1 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

New e-Sword feature request

I would like a secondary dictionary window

This would only come into play when the dictionary window is active

So those words or abbreviations that are in a dictionary module can be looked up more efficiently for lack of a better word 

Example

your studying in your bible and you want to define a Greek or Hebrew word you click on the Strong’s number and in the definition is a word or abbreviation you want to look up by clicking on that word “You Cant”  you have to right click leave the current dictionary go to another mainly Webster’s etc. dictionary to read the definition you then have to find the dictionary you where in! (the back arrow doesn't change the current dictionary)  then go back to the definition

Here is how I envision it:

Attached File  secondary dict mockup.jpg   125.89K   32 downloads

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#2 Ken Russell

Ken Russell

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSydney AUSTRALIA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm sure there would be a lot of interest in such a feature.  I would certainly find it handy. Let's hope it is possible.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users