Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What I'm wanting to do.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mukguk

mukguk

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

I have document with Scripture references. At the bottom of document are those Scripture verses. I want to create hyperlinks from those references to the verses. My purpose is to then save to PDF for reading on a tablet. Then just tap Scripture reference to view the verse. I know how to create a hyperlink within Microsoft Word, but that seems to be just one at a time. I'm wondering if there is someway to do this within TooltipNT in mass. I have played around with it but haven't made it happen.
Thank you for your help. 

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

I have document with Scripture references. At the bottom of document are those Scripture verses. I want to create hyperlinks from those references to the verses. My purpose is to then save to PDF for reading on a tablet. Then just tap Scripture reference to view the verse. I know how to create a hyperlink within Microsoft Word, but that seems to be just one at a time. I'm wondering if there is someway to do this within TooltipNT in mass. I have played around with it but haven't made it happen.
Thank you for your help. 

If your tablet is an android tablet, another option is:

• Make a tool tipped e-sword module from your file
  • Install MySword on your tablet (www.mysword.info)
  • Follow these instructions to make your e sword module into a mysword module http://www.biblesupp...ysword-modules/
  • Then transfer the file to the appropriate Mysword/Books folder on your MySword device and you can read it in the "J" section in MySword and you can click the scripture links and they will take you to the scripture in MySword.  The back button on your tablet will then take your right back to where you were in your book.  
  • You can also get the Deluxe version of MySword that gives you multiple windows so you can have your book in one window and the scripture in another.  This is not free, however.

Blessings,

Peter

#3 mukguk

mukguk

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I've done a work around by saving my document with Scripture references in Tooltip to html linked to Bible Gateway. Load document to tablet, read in browser then tap reference and it opens Bible Gateway. Go back and forth. Not ideal because need internet connection.

Question.
Could I take KJV.bblx from E-sword, (copied to its own folder) use it as a source to link document Scripture references to. Just like is done in Tooltip html linked to Bible Gateway. I could then load KJV.bblx in tablet, open document with references, tap and it open verse in the bblx source.
Hope this makes sense. There is a method to my madness.

Thanks for your input Peter. I may go your recomendation, if all else fails.

BH could you weigh in since your the author of Tooltip?  Thank you

#4 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I've done a work around by saving my document with Scripture references in Tooltip to html linked to Bible Gateway. Load document to tablet, read in browser then tap reference and it opens Bible Gateway. Go back and forth. Not ideal because need internet connection.

Question.
Could I take KJV.bblx from E-sword, (copied to its own folder) use it as a source to link document Scripture references to. Just like is done in Tooltip html linked to Bible Gateway. I could then load KJV.bblx in tablet, open document with references, tap and it open verse in the bblx source.

What kind of tablet are you using?  What operating system are you running?  You cannot open and read the bblx source unless you are using e sword with a Windows operation system.  

#5 mukguk

mukguk

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

What kind of tablet are you using?  What operating system are you running?  You cannot open and read the bblx source unless you are using e sword with a Windows operation system.  

Asus Transformer. I loaded MySword to look it over. Prefer not to use Bible programs on tablet (looked at them all). I've created epubs of each Bible book and use ereader. Use desktop for study (Win7) using E-Sword. I just thought might be some way of using KJV.bblx (converting it in some way) as a standalone resource file for linking references on tablet (I know it's used in E-Sword). The reason I want to do this is more control over format and font size because of vision problems among other things. Somthing similar to Tooltip saving html referencing to Biblegate, only the source instead of Biblegate would be the KJV on tablet. If this could be done it seems a more straight forward way as opposed to MySword route. Hope this is clear and thanks for your imput.

#6 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Asus Transformer. I loaded MySword to look it over. Prefer not to use Bible programs on tablet (looked at them all). I've created epubs of each Bible book and use ereader. Use desktop for study (Win7) using E-Sword. I just thought might be some way of using KJV.bblx (converting it in some way) as a standalone resource file for linking references on tablet (I know it's used in E-Sword). The reason I want to do this is more control over format and font size because of vision problems among other things. Somthing similar to Tooltip saving html referencing to Biblegate, only the source instead of Biblegate would be the KJV on tablet. If this could be done it seems a more straight forward way as opposed to MySword route. Hope this is clear and thanks for your imput.

Trust me, the MySword route is a hundred times easier than what you are trying to do.

You can control the font size in MySword through preferences/ Text Size.

I could convert your e sword resource to MySword in about 2 minutes with working links.  It is very easy once you have the hang of it.  You will be able to jump back and forth between your resource and the Bible effortlessly.  

E sword KJV.bblx is encrypted so you will not be able to read it in anything but e sword.

MySword is already set up to do this,

Someone more techy than I am might know of another way.

#7 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Question.

If you "tablet" is running Windows (not RT), you may be able to use e-Sword Hotkey.  But there is no way to create hyperlinks in an external document that links to e-Sword.  e-Sword just does not have the capability.

#8 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Trust me, the MySword route is a hundred times easier than what you are trying to do.

You can control the font size in MySword through preferences/ Text Size.

I could convert your e sword resource to MySword in about 2 minutes with working links.  It is very easy once you have the hang of it.  You will be able to jump back and forth between your resource and the Bible effortlessly.  

E sword KJV.bblx is encrypted so you will not be able to read it in anything but e sword.

MySword is already set up to do this,

Someone more techy than I am might know of another way.

And MySword has its own KJV Bible, so need to convert the e-Sword KJV if you went the MySword direction, as Peter noted.

If anyone ever needs an unencrypted e-Sword KJV, I can pull the data from other sources to form an unencrypted version, like I did with KJV+ (KJV with strongs) and the Strong's Dictionary. Both were special requests.

#9 mukguk

mukguk

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Disclaimer - I have not done anything with tooltip other than tooltipping(?) documents with verses so I could hotkey them with E-Sword (program running or not running) So for tablets Peter's recommendation of MySword might be what I need to do. But let me run this by just once more.

This is For Tablet Use Only since I have E-Sword on desktop and can do what I want by hotkeying..
What my thinking was (for the sake of illustration, clarification, and my lack of understanding), having say a folder with the KJV in it, loaded on tablet (programmed however needed, that's what I meant by converted in above post). Then any documents having Bible references tooltipped having the ability to be (hotkeyed if you will) just tapped with verses opening from said KJV folder. Essentially it would be a document with each reference verse in any document that had been tooltipped, being linked to the KJV in its folder on tablet.

I see great value in this (if it were possible) because you could simply tooltip Bible verses in any document, save and load to tablet. Simple in concept but maybe not possible to achieve. Again for clarification, it would be like having document A with hyperlinks to documents B,C,etc. Just like hotkeying to E-Sword except without the E-Sword just a Bible version in a folder.  Thanks for your patience

#10 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

personally I would go the mysword  route

But here is a thought you said you are creating the documents for your tablet and it sounds like you use only the kjv so then why don't you just copy and past the whole verse(s) into the document 

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users