Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Macros

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mukguk

mukguk

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

I feel dumb as a hoe handle, but here goes. Read forums and discovered the E-Sword macros started using them last night. I add document to Tooltip program, hit EMS and do lookup. Brings up all Scripture verses. Great
My only use right now is to open a document in Tooltip Tool NT and use macros to extract the Bible verses within the document. But I'm not certain of these following functions.

What does sort do? It doesn't sort Scriptures by Book listing (ie Gen -Rev order) I tried that.
What is difference between Lookup and Lookup Combined Sequential? It appears to me that only difference is Lookup Combined Sequential eliminates duplicate verses extracted from a document.
What is Study Mode?
What is Auto Fill?
Thank you for any assistance.

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Generally speaking, if you hit accept (or copy depending on the macro) the verses go to clipboard if they don't go directly to the document, so puting your cursor where you want the text and doing a simple control C should do the trick.

Since you seem to have macros installed, you might consider using an e-sword utility called HotKey, it uses the macros but works with just about any thing that will allow you to paste text.

http://www.biblesupp...e-sword-hotkey/

There is even a new feature that lets you just type in the reference ( John 3:16 as an example) and look it up and let you paste it in (at least that is how I read it, haven't tried it yet).

(From the download page blurb)

New for version 3 of e-Sword HotKey.  If you have installed e-Sword Macros on your system (see http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html), then e-Sword HotKey will create a new menu item called "Macro" which will interface with e-Sword Macros.  Hightlight a section of your document that contains scripture references and copy it to the clipboard.  Press the Macro HotKey (default=Ctrl+')(control quote), and HotKey will search the selected text, find the scripture references, and then look them up in e-Sword in the currently selected Bible version as set by HotKey (not e-Sword) and place the references back into the Windows clipboard.  You can then paste them into your current working document if it is an text editor, or email client program.

PS, if you had everbroken your hoe, and tried to use it anyway, you would know hoe handles a very usefuland intellegent invention. ;-)

Edited by Baunllaw, 31 December 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I feel dumb as a hoe handle, but here goes. Read forums and discovered the E-Sword macros started using them last night. I add document to Tooltip program, hit EMS and do lookup. Brings up all Scripture verses. Great
My only use right now is to open a document in Tooltip Tool NT and use macros to extract the Bible verses within the document. But I'm not certain of these following functions.

What does sort do? It doesn't sort Scriptures by Book listing (ie Gen -Rev order) I tried that.
What is difference between Lookup and Lookup Combined Sequential? It appears to me that only difference is Lookup Combined Sequential eliminates duplicate verses extracted from a document.
What is Study Mode?
What is Auto Fill?
Thank you for any assistance.

I can confirm that Study Mode and Auto Fill are broken.  Auto Fill broke when I changed the formatting for left justified paragraphs to Ctrl+L, which conflicts with the shortcut I had for the Auto Fill.  The "L" represented "lookup" in my mind.  I have changed the shortcut to Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L and it now works again.  How it works is that you click on a scripture reference, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L, and the reference if looked up, then replaces the reference in your document with the full text reference. 

Study Mode was broken because I had inverted two words of the function that writes to the side bar. I had TxRtfAdd instead of TxAddRtf.  I  looked back a number of versions and it was broken there too.  I have fixed this and now works.  What does it do?  When you move the cursor around the screen, it looks to see if a valid scripture reference us underneath the cursor.  If there is one, it will look up the reference and place it into the right sidebar.  You document does not need to be tooltipped for this to word. 

That all said, I mostly use HotKey.  It works with T4 or most other programs.  Great for quickly looking up references. 

#4 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

OK - I have uploaded a new version with fixes for Macro Study Mode and Lookup. 

#5 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

One of the truly great things about this site, many of the people who make the modules are here much of the time...mention a problem and it tends to get fixed quick.  :D

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#6 mukguk

mukguk

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thank you so much. I certainly appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users