Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

module API & Linux tools?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rosc

rosc

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hi,

Please tell me where I can find the API for the e-sword module, so I can create a bblx from html pages, and if anyone knows of linux utils (or possibly utils that work under WINE) that could convert html to esword bblx, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

You can make e-Sword modules with ToolTip NT. Look over to the right of this post, under Frequently Asked Questons. > Make e-Sword Modules. From there, you can locate ToolTip NT and the User's Guide.

I've never tried running ToolTip NT under WINE. You may be the first to try.

Josh

#3 rosc

rosc

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Thanks mate, it works under Wine (YAY! :)  now I'll have to spend some time learning to use it :)

I'll be sure to post if I tickle any bugs loose :)

#4 rosc

rosc

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

The problems I've encountered with ToolTipNT not saving bblx for me under Wine, brings me back to needing to know how to create the sqlite db directly to work with eSword's format. Short of manually entering each and every data field by hand in sqlite3 or something on that order. Presumably, one can create a comma-delimited list with the proper sqlite commands embedded, and the data filled into the tables, then just stuff that through sqlite3 and create the module?

More transparency on creation of the modules would be useful.

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Use Sqlite Database Browser. Open the KJVA Bible I made. Then click: File > Export > Database to SQL.

Open the resulting SQL file in Microsoft Word or a similar word processor. You will see SQL entries containing the content. You can modify and then import the SQL back into Sqlite Database Browser, which will use the SQL commands/content to create the database.

This is the hard way. A way I would never use, to be honest. Two large pitfalls await. If you change the SQlite syntax, one missing quote or parenthesis and the import will fail. You can't see the formatting, only the RTF tags. Certain characters have to be escapped so so the SQLite import routine knows it's content, not database creation instructions.

But that's about as transparent as we can get :)

josh

#6 rosc

rosc

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Bingo! That's what I needed :)

(yes for me the hard way is usually the easiest, I'm dense like that LOL :)

Having the raw format this way, will make it so much easier for me to concoct a bunch of script functions to automate converting html files into the sql file :)

Thanks again for helping :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users