Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Tooltip Tool Support

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#11 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

Yes, that's what I mean. It should be Apo, but I get Rev. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. The interface automatically opens in Spanish, but anyway I selected Language - Spanish. The menus are in Spanish, but if I type Revelation 14:6-12 and tooltip it, it's converted to Rev_14:6-12. Can you please check that?

The Spanish abbreviations are in the T3 version 3 tooltip algorithm. So be sure that this is checked under Options.

#12 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

FYI - I've uploaded a new version of Tooltip Tool (T3) , v3.24. This version adds the ability to create installer files using the "free" installer creator program, Inno Setup. Using this tool, T3 can create an executable file, which can then be used to install your module, and it will be placed in the correct folder for that type of module; c:\users\USERNAME\documents\e-Sword for TOPX files for example, and c:\program files for CMTX files.

See the attached file for more documentation on this new option.Attached File  ToolTip Tool Setup Files.pdf   31.31K   15 downloads

#13 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

The Spanish abbreviations are in the T3 version 3 tooltip algorithm. So be sure that this is checked under Options.

Hi Brent

Thank you very much!
I checked the v3 option and now the abbreviations are perfect. :-)

Do you have some document explaining what differences are in the v3 algorithm?

Yes, I understand what you say about the abbreviations. It's better to edit the list and use only the ones you really need.

Also, some time ago I downloaded a beta T4SK which looks very similar. What is it?

Regards,

Carlos

#14 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

Hi Brent

Thank you very much!
I checked the v3 option and now the abbreviations are perfect. :-)

Do you have some document explaining what differences are in the v3 algorithm?

Yes, I understand what you say about the abbreviations. It's better to edit the list and use only the ones you really need.

Also, some time ago I downloaded a beta T4SK which looks very similar. What is it?

Regards,

Carlos

See the VersionHistory.txt file in the "e-Sword Tooltip" document folder for version changes.

As for V3's new algorithm, it was a re-write of the program's tooltipping algorithm. The main thing that the v3 algorithm did was to make tooltips for chapter references. Genesis 1, tooltipped is Gen_1:1:31. Why was this done? Because in many documents there are references to Bible chapters, but no way to jump to that chapter in e-Sword. With chapters tooltippled the way v3 does, then even chapter references become "hot links". Spanish was added at version 3.14. And looking at the code, I think I can add Spanish tooltips to the pre-V3 algorithm by adding 3 lines of code. I need to do that then test it. Thanks for pointing out the problem.

T4SK was a special version of e-Sword Tooltip Tool specifically written for Jerry Smith, who is the author of several Bible cross references. He is doing a new project. T4SK recognizes Jerry unique way of writing Bible references. It has been a long time since I've heard how he is doing on this project, and perhaps he has found a new way to make the digital side of that project. He work was expected to take 2+ years.

Abbreviations - using a minimal set for a given project minimizes the errors. Thus you need to know your source material. Also, one needs to understand the limitations of e-Sword Tooltip Tool. However, the tooltipping algorithm seems to work fairly well for many types of project. If you project is large, and you know that all Bible references use the full book name, then by all means, make an Abbreviation list without all the extra abbreviations.

BH.

#15 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Which version are you using of T3?

Sometimes, the Bible verse parser in T3 is to "smart". It will combine into a tooltip a reference that is not a reference. "That's the way it is. 11 different verses..." would become, "That's the way it Isa_11 defferent verses...". This is one reason to know your source material and to then edit the Abbreviation List to match your material. For example, if your source always uses Isaiah for Isaiah, and no other abbreviation, then remove ALL other Isaiah abbreviations from the list and this will prevent some false positives. I've tried to make T3 as generic as possible, but with the ability to whittle out that which you do not need for a given project. Am I making any sense?

Hi Brent

I can see what you mean. Someone sent me a sample .topx module today in which "los años 30 y 40" had become "los añHosea 30 y 40". Since "Os" is the standard Spanish abbreviation for the book of Hosea, I think the parser understood that as a reference to Hosea chapter 30, but then, since that chapter doesn't exist, it didn't know what verses to add, and left the reference incomplete and in English. I have tried to reproduce the error with my T3 v3.24, but I couldn't. :-? I was thinking maybe that could be fixed if the parser would check the abbreviation to be a whole word, that is, preceded only by a space, a parenthese or similar, never another letter. I am not a programmer, I just remember most searching utilities have a "whole word" checkbox.

I can't find right now another post in which you said adding Spanish support to the older algorithm would cost just three lines of code. We would appreciate it a lot if you could do that in some future version, since the v3 algorithm sometimes doesn't behave. :-).

On the other hand, I'm one of the moderators in the Spanish e-Sword Support group, a Yahoo group with over 4000 members. I posted a message there yesterday explaining how to use T3 to build topic files, and several dozens of people are now practicing and preparing their first modules. I wanted you to know this tool is being a blessing for many of us. Thanks!

Carlos

#16 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

Hi Brent

I can see what you mean. Someone sent me a sample .topx module today in which "los años 30 y 40" had become "los añHosea 30 y 40". Since "Os" is the standard Spanish abbreviation for the book of Hosea, I think the parser understood that as a reference to Hosea chapter 30, but then, since that chapter doesn't exist, it didn't know what verses to add, and left the reference incomplete and in English. I have tried to reproduce the error with my T3 v3.24, but I couldn't. :-? I was thinking maybe that could be fixed if the parser would check the abbreviation to be a whole word, that is, preceded only by a space, a parenthese or similar, never another letter. I am not a programmer, I just remember most searching utilities have a "whole word" checkbox.

I can't find right now another post in which you said adding Spanish support to the older algorithm would cost just three lines of code. We would appreciate it a lot if you could do that in some future version, since the v3 algorithm sometimes doesn't behave. :-).

On the other hand, I'm one of the moderators in the Spanish e-Sword Support group, a Yahoo group with over 4000 members. I posted a message there yesterday explaining how to use T3 to build topic files, and several dozens of people are now practicing and preparing their first modules. I wanted you to know this tool is being a blessing for many of us. Thanks!

Carlos

T3 should not be tooltipping an abbreviation in the middle of a word. However, it is possible that unicode characters confusing the parser. Most Spanish characters can be represented in 8-bit ASCII characters. However, is you use Unicode Spanish characters which are 2-byte (or more) characters, I can conceive of a point which there might be confusion to my code. I would need to test this, I'm just thinking out loud. I added the Spanish support for a group that I have worked with before, using documents they supplied, and I know that it works with that "stuff". But I can conceive of more problems that my amateur programming mind probably has missed.

Again it is important to know your material, and remove all unnecessary abbreviations if you find that they are causing you a problem.

BH

#17 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hi BH I would like to know if Tool Tip Tool has the Deutro Canonic books to be inserted. basic - to make this French bible?
thanks for your help here is what he (Werner) sent Josh

Dear Josh,

I finished this morning the text the French “Bible des Peuples” (canonic + deutro-canonic books)

Now, I have problems with the converting with Best (French accents).
Can You help me by this?

Greetings,

Werner
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#18 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hi BH I would like to know if Tool Tip Tool has the Deutro Canonic books to be inserted. basic - to make this French bible?
thanks for your help here is what he (Werner) sent Josh

Dear Josh,

I finished this morning the text the French “Bible des Peuples” (canonic + deutro-canonic books)

Now, I have problems with the converting with Best (French accents).
Can You help me by this?

Greetings,

Werner

Tooltip Tool does not have the Deutro Cannon, and would take a bit of work to add, though not impossible. French? Does Werner = Patchworkid ?

#19 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Tooltip Tool does not have the Deutro Cannon, and would take a bit of work to add, though not impossible. French? Does Werner = Patchworkid ?

No, Werner emailed me for (what I thought was) help with Best. Best has never worked on any of my computers. So I sent him to Niobi because I know Niobi uses Best.

#20 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

Another creative way to use T3:

When I have RTF formatted text, and I want to see how it displays, or what it says at a glance (without me having to read through the tags), I copy and paste the RTF formatted text into T3. Then I click Options/View Text and it converts the the RTF formatted text to T3. I don't tihnk a day goes by that I won't use T3 for something. In Windows 7, it's pinned to my taskbar. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users