Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Newbie here

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

As I tend towards mal de mer, I can make no claims as a deep sea fisherman. :) I can, however, hang around the bait shop and learn a thing or two from those I meet there. :D

People with a passion are generally more than happy to discuss it with all and sundry. How much more so when that passion is the study of God's word and His great mercy and grace?
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#12 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Man, I wish I had said that. It just sounds right. Plus it reminds me of Matthew 4:19.

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."
Posted Image

#13 logosword

logosword

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hallelujah, that's it Tim..you are right!!..about His great grace and mercy..

..for it is His grace and mercy that keeps us in the fear of the Lord, for the fear of the Lord is clean and enduring..

..someone once said that if Lucifer had the fear of the Lord, he would have continued with his singing career at that wonderful perfect environment! -Psalm 19:9-14

and amen to Matthew 4:19 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users