Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to download esword modules to iPad

110 replies to this topic

#11 Phillie

Phillie

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

I already download my e word in my I pad but for some reason I try to download the 66 books commentary it doesn't download

#12 TC Exagorazo

TC Exagorazo

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

HI JOSH, I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THE HD VERSION, BUT IS IT ONLY AVAILABLE FOR IPAD, OR CAN IT BE DOWNLOADED TO OTHER TABLETS? PLEASE EXCUSE MY LACK OF EXPERTISE IN THIS AREA, IF THIS SEEMS TO BE AN AMBIGUOUS QUESTION. I AM INTERESTED IN DOWNLOADING KJV-TVM AND THE STRONG'S CONCORDANCE WITH TVM. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS??   THANKS, TC

#13 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

HI JOSH, I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THE HD VERSION, BUT IS IT ONLY AVAILABLE FOR IPAD, OR CAN IT BE DOWNLOADED TO OTHER TABLETS? PLEASE EXCUSE MY LACK OF EXPERTISE IN THIS AREA, IF THIS SEEMS TO BE AN AMBIGUOUS QUESTION. I AM INTERESTED IN DOWNLOADING KJV-TVM AND THE STRONG'S CONCORDANCE WITH TVM. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS??   THANKS, TC

e-Sword HD is only for the iPad. Use MySword for android tablets or devices.

TVM won't be available on the iPad. Sorry about that.

#14 Joseph Dumond

Joseph Dumond

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hello Josh

I have uploaded sword to my MAcbook Air no problem. I have also downloaded the other reference materials Again no problem.

But for the life of me I can't get the bible version of The Scriptures 1998 with the name of god and Jesus in Hebrew. 

Can you help me to get this uploaded? I am not too savy with computers. I can click and type that is all.

Thanks 
joe

Edited by Joseph Dumond, 22 December 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#15 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hello,

Your posting this in the iPad thread but it's not iPad related, right? It's Mac? 

You've installed other e-Sword resources on the Mac? And they work?

If so, try renaming this Bible's filename to remove the + sign. Restart e-Sword...

Let me know.

#16 Joseph Dumond

Joseph Dumond

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Sorry Josh for being in the wrong area. Yes I have loaded esword on the mac and done other uploads. 
How do I change the bible filename? And where do I find it? Not too good with computers, sorry.

Here is the url to the version I am trying to upload.

http://www.biblesupp...criptures-1998/

Edited by Joseph Dumond, 22 December 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#17 Wellman

Wellman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hi Josh, I purchased the iPad app understanding that the content would be limited by the files available through the app itself. My question is: can we expect more modules to be converted and added to the in-app library over time? I'd love to see Henry Alford et al. added in the future....

Thank you for all the amazing work the esword team does!

#18 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi Wellman,

I doubt Rick Meyers will add titles like you suggest. He said that e-Sword HD is a leisurely, Bible reader and that people sitting around the fireplace reading, or in bed (or leisurely) reading, don't need the scholarly Greek titles. He's thinking more devotional, or "easy reading", like James Hastings and F.B. Meyer. e-Sword HD has problems rendering certain Greek and Hebrew unicode types. That may play into his thinking as well.

#19 klkitchens

klkitchens

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Let Rick know that he might be wrong about how people are using esword.

I use it on my PC but for my phone was using YouVersion. When I got my ipad last week I installed YouVersion on it but then remembered the esword ipad version. Hurray!!!

I used it today in church and Sunday School and that is getting to be the norm for many.

When I got my kindle two years ago I immediately bought a Bible for it, but it was hard to navigate. Hence the need for "programs" vs just texts.

I much prefer esword to YouVersion but am sad that the full library of commentaries and study guides are not available. Even for a nominal conversion fee I think making them available is better than not. Rick has a preconceived idea of how the tool is used. It's better to let people decide that for themselves.

That said. I want the Scofield reference notes as well as all Scofield and AC Gaebelein books converted. I was disheartened these were not already there and came here looking for how to add them on my own.

Thanks so much!!!
Kevin

#20 pbud1965

pbud1965

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Josh,
I am brand new to e-s word and have downloaded the app for $5.00 and am having a hard time getting NIV to download. I read this forum and I am wondering if I read this right. I CAN'T download it because you guys thought we would only download this on our iPads for references? If so I would like my $5 back and think you need to be more forthright in your app description.

David

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users