Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What happened to the old site?

12 replies to this topic

#11 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

e-Sword 8 uses the Microsoft Access database, which is prone to corruption for study notes, topic notes, etc. Access was a terrible database for e-Sword.

So true, so true. Oh the joys of having to open up Windows Exploder (oops, I mean Windows Explorer) and go to the e-Sword program folder and delete those files, then restart e-Sword just so the corruption would end.

Interestingly too, Josh, not only was it just the topic.top and study.not files became corrupt, also ones own third part files with different file names became corrupt if it was left on e-Sword after closing it down. My experience was to have to close the resource file and have up the topic.top file before closing e-Sword down.

Well, Praise God, those days are now well and truly over.

As a matter of interest, when it comes to file types for Bible Software, which are better, Database files or some form of rich text based files???

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#12 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Just a quick question regarding the old site. It was the home for Ben Krueger's e-Sword Tool. I have the Premium edition and still use it from time to time. I understand that it is not under development, but has the source code been made public? And is Ben still involved with e-Sword? (Sorry if I missed anything about this in the past.)

I also agree that this site is very well organized and easy to use. Many thanks for everyone's efforts!

Max

#13 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Just a quick question regarding the old site. It was the home for Ben Krueger's e-Sword Tool. I have the Premium edition and still use it from time to time. I understand that it is not under development, but has the source code been made public? And is Ben still involved with e-Sword? (Sorry if I missed anything about this in the past.)

I also agree that this site is very well organized and easy to use. Many thanks for everyone's efforts!

Max

Hello,

Under development: no.
Source code: no
Ben still involved with e-Sword: maybe but not on this website that I know of.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users