Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to install modules with eSword for Mac

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#51 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:20 PM

Hi y'all; I have macOS Big Sur version 11.4. I cannot open any modules. I tried installing and opening e-sword module installer (won't open). .zip files won't open. I get the feeling all this is not compatable with mac unless I want to spend money for Crossover, which I don't. So I paid $10 for a simple KJV word search program? What am I missing? thanks

e-Sword Module Installer is for Windows only—but you won't need it anyway. I'm not sure why zip files won't open on your computer. Usually, on the Mac, you just double-click a zip file and the module should appear on top of the original zip file. To install modules in e-Sword X (that is, the Mac version of e-Sword) you just have to double-click the unzipped module file (you will know it because it will have the e-Sword icon on it). It will automatically open in e-Sword, which will copy the module to the right place for you. Alternatively, within e-Sword, you can choose from the menu bar at the top, File>Resources>Import... You then choose the module that you downloaded in the dialog that follows, and then choose "Open." As you can see, it's quite simple to install modules on the Mac—no third party software needed.

One thing to look out for is that many modules from BibleSupport.com are for Windows only. You will know which are which by their file extension. Windows modules end in .bblx, .dctx, .cmtx, etc. Mac or iOS modules end in .bbli, .dcti, .cmti, and so on. The Windows ones end with an "x," and the Mac ones end with an "i." Windows modules will not work on the Mac.

Hope this was helpful.

Oh, and one more thing: quite a number of modules on this website are compressed in .exe installer files. These do not work on the Mac, only in Windows.

Edited by modulist, 09 July 2021 - 01:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users