Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

How to install modules with eSword for Mac

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#11 Moises Rivera

Moises Rivera

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWheeling, IL

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I followed the instructions and successfully matched every screenshot. However, when I try installing "Hebrew Study Bible (Interlinear Hebrew Old Testament with Strong's numbers and transliteration) 1.5" each of the four modules shows up blank. Every other bible I have installed from biblesupport works but for some reason the one I really want doesn't. Can someone help me find a solution that will get the Hebrew Study Bible to show?

Thanks in advance,

Moises Rivera

#12 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

this is just a crazy idea I don't have a mac to test it though

Install Tooltip NT (T4)

Open

Hebrew Study Bible (Interlinear Hebrew Old Testament with Strong's numbers and transliteration) 1.5

in T4 then save the module 

creating the module within the mac or crossover environment may make a difference

Like I said just an Idea 

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#13 Rik Wadge

Rik Wadge

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

I'm having an interesting problem with some modules in E-Sword running through Crossover for Mac. Some of the modules install just fine, others appear to install but do not appear in the menu. I've tried manually dropping them into the e-sword directory as well as using the built-in download utility. 

Under Crossover for Linux, everything works just fine. Any ideas?

Rik

#14 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Reference Books (and topic modules) appear under the Reference Library: Tools from the main menu, and then choose Reference Library

#15 Rik Wadge

Rik Wadge

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Reference Books (and topic modules) appear under the Reference Library: Tools from the main menu, and then choose Reference Library

Thanks Josh! But, this even affects my .cmtx files. e.g. tsk.cmtx it doesn't even show up in the main commentary window (after having downloaded it). 

What the heck? - Rik

#16 Rik Wadge

Rik Wadge

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

OK... So after having installed, removed and then reinstalled (several times) e-sword via Crossover Mac I found that e-sword would only see new modules if they were installed not just dropped into the main directory. Strange, because that works just fine through Crossover Linux. Anyway, if anyone else runs across this problem it actually worked for me. Cheers!

#17 fish641

fish641

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Thanks for all of the images and help! I've got e-Sword and the Module Installer installed on my mac through Crossover. However, none of the modules I install using the installer are showing up. When I open the References area, it's blank. Am I missing a step? 

I'm trying to install Kuiper, B. K. - The Church in History.

#18 alex2131

alex2131

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

I would like to add that in case you want to drag the module file (not the .exe)

Up on your desktop click "Go" Select "Go to folder" and write this directory:

~/Library/Application Support/Crossover/Bottles/e-Sword 1020/drive_c/Program Files/e-Sword

and hit enter.

This will take you directly to the esword folder.

Notice that I wrote e-Sword1020 with Bold, this is because your directory could be named different.

If this directory does not work for you just write it up to "Bottles",

~/Library/Application Support/Crossover/Bottles/

Look for e-Sword folder then / drive c / Program Files / e-Sword

Now what I do next so I don't need to keep remembering all this directory is drag the e-sword folder to the Sidebar. That creates a shortcut for easy access. 

Enjoy!

#19 Caveman

Caveman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

At last some instructions on how to get the module installer in CrossOver! Thanks! However, when I click on any downloaded topx file that isn't an exe, it will not do anything. I have gone through the instructions on downloading the installer several times, checked and rechecked. I'm no closer to getting other kinds of files installed than I was when I started. 

I haver read the whole string of message here and am hoping to get additional help.

I have CrossOver 11.2

Edited by Caveman, 20 November 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#20 findjchrist

findjchrist

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

If CrossOver does not work for you then install Parallels 9 and XP or Win 7. After you can install e-Sword and modules, It will works very well. I installed e-Sword and BibleWorks 9 use on Mac OSX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users