Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Module Announcements

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

My suggestion is to not make an automatic announcement of a new module. It is annoying when browsing through new content on the forums, only to have to wade through all the module announcement posts to find new posts by users.

#2 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

LOL Strange how we're all different. My thoughts about announcing upcoming modules is that I want to give a BIG HUG to anyone who posts these announcements!

I think about sticking my feet under my Mom's dinner table. I liked some meals better than others. The thoughts of fried chicken could hold my attention all afternoon! LOL Ummm....liver & onions, not so much!

Some of these modules are like sweet treats being announced (for me) and others -- naw, not so much. BUT, who knows what is going to wet the appetite of the next man? I actually know some people who like 'liver & onions'. Strange people are where you find them, eh? LOL

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

My suggestion is to not make an automatic announcement of a new module. It is annoying when browsing through new content on the forums, only to have to wade through all the module announcement posts to find new posts by users.

Isn't this forum an automatic announcement of each new module? Or are you asking for something different.

#4 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

I think he may be referring to the recent posts section at the top of this page?
http://www.biblesupp....php?app=forums

#5 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yes, when I come to BibleSupport.com, I generally go to the forum (Ask Questions) and then click "New Content" on the top right to see what comments and posts others have made on the forum... it beats going through each of the sub-divisions looking for new things people have to say. Lately, with so many module creators posting new modules (bibles, references, dictionaries, etc...) it seems the posts from people get buried in the mix. I like to view the forums to discuss e-Sword with others.

When I want to surf for new modules that people are making, I go to "Downloads" > "New Downloads" and look at the new content there.

So, basically what I am requesting is a way to filter out the "New e-Sword Downloads" board from the "Ask Questions" forum... hope I am making some semblance of sense on this! :) LOL

#6 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

I think he may be referring to the recent posts section at the top of this page?

putting a filter with the forum names on new forum posts & replies page can help. many of the forums has this feature. using this filter one can quickly nagivate from one forum to another. here the filter can be implemented as, rather than jumping to selected forum, it should show only new messages of selected forum.

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#7 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

I agree with Ryan's sentiment essentially, it's a flood of multiple posts that could be easily solved if (like Josh has done) a collection was created when posting files by the same author.

A single file as the collection or individual files can be downloaded, here's an example: - http://www.biblesupp...ction-32-files/

You'll need to click Download => Agree & Download => Can You Walk & Chew Gum => Don't Eat With Your Mouth Full, once you've clicked your way to the files you'll see the single exe (first file) and then the list of individual files for download.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

#8 Fireandsalt

Fireandsalt

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Mike, that would work too.

As a side note, I tried applying a filter by using the filter tool on the left of the "New Content" page, and it does not seem to filter anything.

#9 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

@Ryan G

The filtering does work but for what you're after - it's a bit of a pain, not sure, you may only have to do this once.

When you're at New Content, select Filter by forum under Other - check only the forums you want new content listed, in this case you might uncheck any New XYZ Downloads forum - click Save. The page will reload minus posts with new downloads listed.

To list all forums once again, select Filter by forum - check Show results from all forums at top - click Save. The page will reload with results from all forums.

HTH :)
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users