Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

The Biblical museum by James Comper Gray

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cosmin

Cosmin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

I found this commentary on archive.org and I like it.

Biblical Encyclopedia and Museum:15 vols
Maybe somone will make a commentary module from it.
Thanks

http://archive.org/search.php?query=biblical%20museum%20AND%20mediatype%3Atexts

,,First published in 1900, these fifteen volumes provide notes for the entire Bible, specifically for pastors, students, and teachers of Scripture. This set is a practical and compelling overview of the Bible. Author James Comper Gray gives readable notes relating to various topics, such as historical background, context, definitions of terms, and Scripture cross-references.,,

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

The PDF's would have to be OCRed with Omnipage and then cleaned up with the OmniPage Proofreader to correct the mistakes. After we have clean text, we can make a module.

If I were going to do a big OCR project, there would be several other, higher priority OCR projects ahead of it. Unless someone else wants to OCR and proof the text. :)

Josh

Edited by Josh Bond, 28 October 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#3 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Omnipage has been crashing a lot on my lately. and that's on 48-page books... Don't think I'm up to a 15 volume work right now. :)

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Omnipage has been working pretty well for me on several of James Hastings books. Doing a project now worth 1,100-1,200 pages.

But it does occasionally stop responding and I have to force close it, but only when I'm using the proofreader. It's not often and it does seem to remember the last changes I made. Very odd.

ABBYY FineReader is another OCR software I would like to give a thorough testing. I tried it once before but with an old version. PC Magazine claims Abbyy is the best now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users