Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

how to view in my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kishorem

kishorem

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi i have downloaded the commentaries and the file i saved in my computer and i try to open it i dont have the right programme to open it. can any one suggest here to open the file thanks,

Km

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hi i have downloaded the commentaries and the file i saved in my computer and i try to open it i dont have the right programme to open it. can any one suggest here to open the file thanks,

Km

If you downloaded the file from the e-Sword area then you need to use e-Sword to open it. Make sure that you have the proper version of e-sword to use the commentary module. If the module is a cmtx file you need e-Sword 9 or higher, if it is a cmt file then you need version 8 (or older).

There are also My Sword modules, you oen them using Mysword. '-)

If it is an e-Sword file and it ends in exe or zip, you need to install it by either double clicking the file or unzipping it. If it ends in .cmtx then you need to put it in the e-sword directory (depending on which version of windows you are using, that will either be in the Program Files, or Program Files (x86).

Once the commentary file is installed in the e-Sword directly,you should see it listed in the Commentary tab of e-Sword.

Edited by Baunllaw, 14 October 2012 - 07:17 PM.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Hi Km :)

I noticed as I'm typing someone else has posted, I hope I don't contradict them :)

Anyway, ...

First, always make sure the resource you downloaded is supported by the version of e-Sword you use... it should say on the download page for the resource!

If you're unfamiliar with the common extensions on the files you downloaded, the .exe, .zip, or .rar part of the file name you may give the 'Module Installer' a go - e-Sword Module Installer. Here. the term 'module' means the same thing as 'resource', or as we lay people say, Bible, Dictionary, Commentary, and to make the download and installation (hopefully) easier and smaller the resources are put in an archive - my_new_bible.zip, whatever_name_here.exe, and so on.

I would suggest hitting the F1 key while in e-Sword and read-up a bit about adding new resources you've downloaded, start near pg. 55 of the e-Sword User's Guide. If you don't have it, get it here.

HTH :)
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Well said, Mike. You added some very good info.
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users