Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Topic with all verses Jesus speaks

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm afraid I wouldn't know what kind of categorization to apply to the Words of Jesus.

As for the KJV2000, I didn't even know it existed. I presume the OT red letters are used for words spoken by Jehovah? Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

hi

here is the KJV2000 http://www.biblesupp...ersion-kjv2000/
The Words of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and quotations of them - are in Red.

If you can separate the Words of Jesus by His parables, teachings etc. That would be a start but if you can not don't worry about.

Thank a lot
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#12 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

dysert....
Thank you not only for your "creativeness" but your "determination"...to serve the Lord by making this fine module ! I am so thankful for you and all the others that apply so much hard work and tireless effort in seeking out new and innovative ways to help all of us as we strive to study and learn about our Lord. May He continue to bless and use you in all your future efforts to produce E-sword modules !

Dartmaster644

Thanks, Dartmaster. Your prediction about my writing more modules is spot-on. I just uploaded a module called "Chronological Gospels", where the four Gospels are harmonized and presented in chronological order. A great way to read the Word, imo.

#13 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

dysert....
We all thank you...once again...for another original effort ! All I can say is...keep up the good work. We eagerly await your next installment.

Dartmaster644

#14 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

My only suggestion is that you use a translation other than the NKJV. The reason for this is that the NKJV is a premium module, and since your modules are 100% made up of NKJV, it might be in violation of their copyright statement which says that their Bible cannot comprise over a certain amount of someone's work.

Thanks for the work, though!

-Brad

#15 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

My only suggestion is that you use a translation other than the NKJV. The reason for this is that the NKJV is a premium module, and since your modules are 100% made up of NKJV, it might be in violation of their copyright statement which says that their Bible cannot comprise over a certain amount of someone's work.

Thanks for the work, though!

-Brad

Thanks, Brad. Your suggestion makes sense, but there's no free translation that's as good as the NKJV (imo). Yes, there's the ESV, but it has a few idiosyncrasies that I don't like (e.g., not capitalizing the pronouns used for deity; not italicizing added words that don't come from the original languages). There's always the KJV, but that doesn't reflect the best scholarship -- never mind that it's not all that easy to understand.

Now I'm not sure what to do.

#16 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

The AKJV, the Modern Literal Version, or the Lighthouse Bible would be decent choices. I'm not tying to dissuade you from making these modules (far from it). I just don't want there to be a chance later on that your modules have to be taken down because of a possible copyright issue.

-Brad

#17 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

How about building a chronological module made exclusively of tooltip links. Then the module reader can read your work in whatever translation they choose - no copyright issues at all.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#18 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

The AKJV, the Modern Literal Version, or the Lighthouse Bible would be decent choices. I'm not tying to dissuade you from making these modules (far from it). I just don't want there to be a chance later on that your modules have to be taken down because of a possible copyright issue.

-Brad

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to check those versions out.

#19 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

How about building a chronological module made exclusively of tooltip links. Then the module reader can read your work in whatever translation they choose - no copyright issues at all.

I thought about that, but I don't think it would really lend itself to an easy read, having to mouse from verse to verse and only being able to see one verse at a time. I am going to use that strategy on my next module, though.

#20 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

I thought about that, but I don't think it would really lend itself to an easy read, having to mouse from verse to verse and only being able to see one verse at a time. I am going to use that strategy on my next module, though.

Create two resources:
  • A chronological verse list;
  • A topical file/refx/whatever, that consists entirely of tool tip links;
jonathon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users