Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Topic with all verses Jesus speaks

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

I'm a newbie when it comes to creating modules, so I was hoping for a bit of guidance for my first one. I have created a new Topic that contains all the verses where Jesus speaks (a "red-letter Topic"). I thought it might be useful to create a module for these verses, but after reading the ToolTips document, I'm not sure what type of module I should create. Should I keep it as a Topic, make it a Bible, a Verse List, something else? Your suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

hi

you can make it as a topic. suggestion: you can separate them into Jesus's teachings and sayings.

example:

#define prefix=JST-#0

÷Intro

These are Jesus's sayings and teachings (all in Red).

÷Content

1. Jesus's Parables
2. Jesus's Stories
3. etc....

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Thanks, but I don't understand how that will work. First, I don't want to separate the verses into Sayings and Teachings. Second, how would I get the verses to come out in the correct order? Third, I don't want a prefix. I'd like my module (whatever type it turns out to be, but I discovered that it can't be a Bible module) to look something like:

Mat 3:15 "Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness."
Mat 4:4 "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD.' "
Mat 4:7 "It is written again, 'YOU SHALL NOT TEMPT THE LORD YOUR GOD.' "

Is what I want to do even possible? Thanks!

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

(I split this into its own topic, to avoid clutter in the e-Sword guidelines post).

Sounds like you need to make a topic file and manually compile that sayings of Jesus. ?

Josh

#5 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Ok. I did create a topic file. It contains exactly one chapter title, viz.,

1. Words of Jesus (NKJV)

The contents of the chapter are all of the words of Jesus along with the verse reference where each phrase is found, e.g.,

Mat 3:15 "Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness."
Mat 4:4 "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD.' "
Mat 4:7 "It is written again, 'YOU SHALL NOT TEMPT THE LORD YOUR GOD.' "

Now the only thing to do is figure out how to submit the module to BibleSupport. I'm looking for instructions on how to do that.

Thanks.

#6 Scribe

Scribe

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Now the only thing to do is figure out how to submit the module to BibleSupport.

Thanks.

Go to top of page, hover over "Downloads", click on "Share (Upload) a Module".
Scribe

#7 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Go to top of page, hover over "Downloads", click on "Share (Upload) a Module".

Thank you very much. I'm pleased to report that I've uploaded my first module. I hope others find it useful.

#8 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

hi Dysert,

The module looks good.

If you do not mind to separate the saying of Jesus into categories (types of saying etc.)

For your first upload is good.

thanks

Have you checked out King James Version 2000 - it has red letters in the Old Testament and more in the New Testament. Very good version.

thanks again
Patchworkid

Edited by patchworkid, 13 October 2012 - 07:10 PM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#9 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

hi Dysert,

The module looks good.

If you do not mind to separate the saying of Jesus into categories (types of saying etc.)

For your first upload is good.

thanks

Have you checked out King James Version 2000 - it has red letters in the Old Testament and more in the New Testament. Very good version.

thanks again
Patchworkid

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm afraid I wouldn't know what kind of categorization to apply to the Words of Jesus.

As for the KJV2000, I didn't even know it existed. I presume the OT red letters are used for words spoken by Jehovah? Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

#10 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

dysert....
Thank you not only for your "creativeness" but your "determination"...to serve the Lord by making this fine module ! I am so thankful for you and all the others that apply so much hard work and tireless effort in seeking out new and innovative ways to help all of us as we strive to study and learn about our Lord. May He continue to bless and use you in all your future efforts to produce E-sword modules !

Dartmaster644

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users