Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

e-Sword on iPad

134 replies to this topic

#121 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Rick answered both of my questions when I asked. And based on his answer, I no longer hope to see a host of commentary and dictionary modules from Bible Support on the e-sword app. I have the Logos Bible app so it doesn't matter to me so much as others who would love to do Bible study on the e-sword app and want more commentaries and dictionaries. If e-sword would include more from Bible support, then it would be positioned mid-range among iPad Bible apps, IMHO. Now, the choice is either the lower end or the higher end-expensive Bible app. I think if more commentaries and dictionaries (especially those that are semi-technical) were offered free, then it would be positioned in the middle. These are my opinions.

What did Rick say that makes you feel there won't be a host of commentary and dictionary modules?

#122 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

BH,
I used the word "host" because my memory fails me to a degree and I don't want to mis-represent what someone said to me. What I do remember is that when I asked for more modules from Bible Support, I was told that two were already included (in commentaries) and it was just a short time that e-sword was released on the iPad. I inferred that maybe with time there would be more.. (I don't know Apple restrictions on an app developer works, but I would believe that is part of the issue.) That occurred right after Josh added several topic files, e.g. Whyte and Ironside.

#123 JamieKerr

JamieKerr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I am looking forward to seeing some more Hebrew tools showing up in the iPad version.

Does anyone know when this might happen?

#124 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

I think you would need some Hebrew text before you could use Hebrew tools on the text. Outside of a dictionary or lexicon (BDB?), I'm not aware of study texts with Hebrew for e-Sword HD.

Last I looked, certain types of Hebrew/Greek characters would render on the iPad, the ones beginning with unicode preface \u.. The other type of unicode would not render as it does with the e-Sword for the pc. I forget that type of unicode but I have seen it before in modules.

#125 JamieKerr

JamieKerr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, I guess I meant to say Hebrew texts, ideally a transliterated Hebrew Bible with phonetic pronunciation.

#126 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

... NO! That is both silly and insulting. Rather it is Apple putting constraints on Rick in combination with Rick's innate desire to put out an easy to use product which is pleasing to our God. Don't put Rick down folks; pray for his success.

Amen!

#127 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

I just purchased an ipad and have downloaded the eword app. It looks like I have to locate the product key for each of the premium products that I have purchased. It this right? I thought that I would be able to enter my email and that it would download all of the products that I have purchased.

#128 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

I just purchased an ipad and have downloaded the eword app. It looks like I have to locate the product key for each of the premium products that I have purchased. It this right? I thought that I would be able to enter my email and that it would download all of the products that I have purchased.

Yes - you need the product key for each premium resource.

#129 JSFox

JSFox

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

When I downloaded the NASB study set for HD I got the NASB, but not NASB+.  Is this an error on mine or is it not available with numbers?

Thanks,

#130 eslombe

eslombe

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Any luck with an android version? i have a galaxy tab 2 which i got recently on a two year contract, at the moment i downloaded the olive tree bible which is as good as it can get to e-sword. please somebody tell me this is in the pipeline.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users