Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

e-Sword on iPad

134 replies to this topic

#91 usdcs

usdcs

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

3. Hundreds of free commentaries and dictionaries, etc. - FAIL

For those of you who are dissatisfied with the current offering on the iPad, have a look at what Rick had available in v. 2.5 in ~ December 2000:

http://web.archive.o.../downloads.html

I've been an eSword user since almost the beginning. I am delighted to finally have eSword on my iPad.

Rom 8:25    But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

- Dan -

#92 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

I think he has seen the opportunity to make a lot of money because of the popularity of the iPad and therefore wants to keep control so people will be forced to buy the commentaries, etc. that are for sale.

Dear Bro,

I can say from my experience with Rick that he is not such a person. It may be a slight mis understanding. It is only the strict process Apple has in place that is blocking the modules. The power of GOD can breakthrough anything and makes highways in the midst of the sea. Those of you who are expecting to have all the BIBLE support modules on eSword HD, please file a request with GOD. HE will take care of it. It may be Apple or some other company, anything has to bend before GOD.

Dear Father,

You know the strong desire for your WORD each one of us has in our hearts. today we ask you to open up a door for all us to have these precious modules made by your children on eSword HD application that rick has made for iPad. In JESUS Name i pray. Amen.

david

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#93 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Brothers, I think that a little bit of patience is in order. The baby was just born. Most are used to thousands of resources, and that just isn't going to happen overnight. Personally, I think that amazing progress has been made in a short period of time.

P - A - T - I - E - C - E.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#94 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Dear Bro,

The power of GOD can breakthrough anything and makes highways in the midst of the sea. Those of you who are expecting to have all the BIBLE support modules on eSword HD, please file a request with GOD. HE will take care of it. It may be Apple or some other company, anything has to bend before GOD.

Dear Father,

You know the strong desire for your WORD each one of us has in our hearts. today we ask you to open up a door for all us to have these precious modules made by your children on eSword HD application that rick has made for iPad. In JESUS Name i pray. Amen.

david

Ah, the voice of SANITY ! (A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. - Prov 25:11)

Thank you Brother David, thank you and Bless you! You are 100% correct!

Edited by LarryG, 06 November 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#95 JohanMa

JohanMa

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKrugersdorp

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Good day.

I do not think it is a matter of which modules are available and which are not (now) available, but rather (it seems from other posts) that e-Sword HD becomes a "closed" bible study program, similar to the majority of other bible study programs.
This is a pity and unless Rick changes his policy, e-Sword HD will loose out in favour of "open" bible study programs.

In His Name.

#96 xt600

xt600

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

If you have an old Quickverse DVD laying around, you can install it and then install Wordsearch and register with them. The program will search your disk and see that you have Quickverse and register you on all their sites with those books. Now install Wordsearch on your iPad, sign in to their site and then you will have a large free library with commentaries, dictionaries, etc. for download with your Bible software. It is great only the Wordsearch app is difficult to use but has many many resources. Just giving an alternative until E-sword HD catches up. :-)

Edited by xt600, 06 November 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#97 Jim Nixon

Jim Nixon

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFort Payne, Alabama

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

I may be missing something here. As I said in an earlier post, I have been using eSword for some time now. All the free stuff, commentaires, dictionaires etc are from earlier folks, Barnes, JFB, Gill etc. I purchased the modules that I wanted. I don't understand why all the fuss.

I appreciate all that Rick has done as well as what Bible Support has done. Many hours has gone into eSword (PC) and now eSword HD.

I thank God for these wonderful programs.

If one is happy with the free modules then stick with them. I prefer the "Premium" ones.

Remember "TANSTAAFL" (There ain't no such thing as a free lunch)

Jim
Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

#98 JohanMa

JohanMa

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKrugersdorp

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

The problem is that I, as a module creator, will not be able to load and test a module in e-Sword HD, I am totally dependent on Rick to first decide whether he thinks the module is worthwhile and then, if the outcome is possitive, what for Rick to do whatever is necessary to get it into e-Sword HD format. He then has to report the probelms he found to me and I will have to try to fix the problems, keeping in mind I don't know what he sees.

Then the process starts over again (many iterations) until Rick is satisfied.

I do not think Rick has the capacity to support module makers in this regard.

As Rick has not communicated the format, I would assume he would be able to work from an existing e-Sword (PC) format.

In His Name.

#99 Fernando C. Rangel

Fernando C. Rangel

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Are you downloads compatible with iPad without having to add any special software?

#100 Jim Nixon

Jim Nixon

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFort Payne, Alabama

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

I can see your point, module creators look at it differently than just users such as myself.

But I suppose that one must remember that Rick is the creator of both these programs (eSword, eSword HD) and it is his right to administer them as he sees fit.

I guess I am just so appreciative for these resources. But again, I can understand the frustrations of some.

Jim
Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users