Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Douay-Rheims BIBLE Module

COMPLETE

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

The Holy Bible

Douay-Rheims Version

THE OLD TESTAMENT

First Published by the English College at Douay

A.D. 1609 & 1610

and

THE NEW TESTAMENT

First Published by the English College at Rheims

A.D. 1582

With Annotations

Apocrypha Included

By GOD's Grace will post soon.....

Thanks
David

Edited by david psalms, 08 October 2012 - 01:23 PM.

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

The Holy Bible

Douay-Rheims Version

THE OLD TESTAMENT

A.D. 1609 & 1610

and

THE NEW TESTAMENT

A.D. 1582

With Annotations

Apocrypha Included

By GOD's Grace will post soon.....

Thanks
David

Hi David,
There is an actual official e-Sword edition available of this version and is downloadable via the built in e-Sword downloader.

To save duplication of resources, it might pay to check it out to see if e-Sword already has it.

Blessings,
Posted Image

Edited by APsit190, 07 October 2012 - 02:01 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

The Holy Bible

Douay-Rheims Version

THE OLD TESTAMENT

A.D. 1609 & 1610

and

THE NEW TESTAMENT

A.D. 1582

With Annotations

Have you verified that your source text does not include the Challoner revisions? Or the other, more recent revisions?

jonathon

#4 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

There is an actual official e-Sword edition available of this version and is downloadable via the built in e-Sword downloader.

The e-Sword resource is the Channoler revision.

The OP request was for the original version. The overwhelming majority of texts include either the Channoler revision, or the more recent revisions.

jonathon

#5 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

the one i am making is the original version. got this text from gutenberg project.

#6 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

http://www.biblesupp...582-nt-1609-ot/

Thank you very much Josh for the regular expressions. without them this could have taken long time for me. Thanks for all those who prayed for this module.

#7 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hi David, maybe some regex went wrong there are many words that have been clipped at the start. Here is a sample.

Rev 12:1 And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. A woman. . .The church of God. It may also, by allusion, be applied to our blessed Lady. The church is clothed with the sun, that is, with Christ: she hath the moon, that is, the hangeable things of the world, under her feet: and the twelve stars with which she is crowned, are the twelve apostles: she is in labour and pain, whilst she brings forth her children, and Christ n them, in the midst of afflictions and persecutions.
delivered: that, when she should be elivered, he might devour her son.
and his angels were thrown down ith him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying: Now is come salvation and strength and the kingdom of our God and the power of his Christ: because the accuser of our brethren is cast orth, who accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens, and you that dwell therein. Woe to the earth and to the sea, because the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, knowing that he hath but a short ime.
Rev 13:1 And I saw a beast coming up out the sea, having seven heads and ten horns: and upon his horns, ten diadems: and upon his heads, names of blasphemy. A beast. . .This first beast with seven heads and ten horns, is probably the whole company of infidels, enemies and persecutors of the people of God, from the beginning to the end of the orld. The seven heads are seven kings, that is, seven principal kingdoms or empires, which have exercised, or shall exercise, tyrannical power over the people of God; of these, five were then allen, viz.: the Egyptian, Assyrian, Chaldean, Persian, and Grecian monarchies: one was present, viz., the empire of Rome: and the seventh and chiefest was to come, viz., the great Antichrist nd his empire. The ten horns may be understood of ten lesser persecutors.
Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like to a leopard: and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his own strength and great ower.

Jon

#8 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

thanks for the observation. the original text itself is like that. i will do speall check on the module using Word. i did it using T4 and hence these things are not highlighted.

#9 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

New version has been uploaded by correcting spelling mistakes

#10 dauex

dauex

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern USA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Can you post the gutenberg project link that you used.

I downloaded your current file and I found these texts [did I down load the wrong file]

Mat 1:19 Whereupon Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing publicly to expose her, was minded to put her away privately. 

The 1582 version does NOT have “her husband”   Please check.  The Douay-Rheims-Challoner version does

19 (19) Whereupon Joseph, for that he was a just man, and would not put her to open shame; was minded secretly to dismiss her.

Also please check:
Mat 2:1  When Jesus therefore was born in Bethlehem of Juda, in the days of king Herod, behold, there came wise men from the East to Jerusalem, 

Mat 2:1 (1) WHEN JESUS therefore was born in Bethlehem of Juda in the days of Herod the King, behold, there came Sages from the East to Jerusalem,

Note: king Herod or Herod the king   also  wise men or sages

http://www.gutenberg...1582/pg1582.txt   is a copy of a Challoner version

http://www.gutenberg...1581/pg1581.txt   is a copy of a Challoner version

THEY say 1582 but they are NOT - Whoops!

Edited by dauex, 13 January 2013 - 04:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users