Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Gleanings in Exodus by Arthur Pink

No replies to this topic

#1 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

I am quite enjoying studying this volume, (Gleanings in Exodus by Arthur Pink). It is available here http://www.biblesupp...s-and-articles/

There is a misprint in the file. I have looked at pdf documents online as well and it is the same. Here is the context.

"And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water" (Exo_2:10) This is a striking illustration of Job_5:13—"He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong." Pharaoh proposed to "deal wisely" with the Israelites, and this, in order that they might not "get them up out of the land" (v. 10); and yet, in the end, God compels him to give board, lodging, and education, to the very man which accomplished the very thing that Pharaoh was trying to prevent! Thus was Pharaoh’s wisdom turned to foolishness, and Satan’s devices defeated.

There are two passages in the New Testament which throw light on the interval passed over between verses so and is in Exodus 2. In Act_7:22 we read, "And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds." But his heart was not in these things. There was something which had a more powerful attraction for him than the honors and comforts of Egypt’s court. Doubtless his believing parents had acquainted him with the promises of Jehovah to his forefathers. That the time was not far distant when the Hebrews were to be delivered from their bondage and should journey to the land given to Abraham, Moses had heard, and hearing he believed. The result of his faith is described in Heb_11:24-26: "By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward." Upon the character of his faith and this remarkable renunciation we can only comment briefly.

I believe it should read between verses 10 and 11.

At any rate it is a great book. I am really coming to appreciate Arthur Pink's work. Thanks everyone for the hard work you are doing to make these volumes available for us.

God Bless,

StandingFirm

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users