Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Additional information on download page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hi,

First THANK YOU for all the really hard work all of you have put in to make e-Sword and BibleSupport.com the great blessing that it is.

I have a small suggestion. I think it would be handy (I know I would find it so) to have the actual file name listed in the "File Information" section (upper right) on the detail page for the module/recource.

An example might be:

File Information
  • Submitted: Sep 03 2012 09:46 PM
  • Last Updated: Sep 04 2012 08:28 AM
  • Hastings, James - Great Texts of the Bible.exe
  • File Size: 30.32MB
  • Views: 1076
  • Downloads: 1,143
  • Author: James Hastings
  • e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x
  • Tab Name: GreatTexts
I think having this information available at this level (without having to drill down a couple more pages to find it) would be great. I often find that I need to check file names to see if I have already pulled this resource. This is especially true when dealing with older files where I may have just (re)discovered(?) that it exists.

Anyway, thank you again for all of your hard work.

Roy

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hi Roy,
Your idea has great merit, but another thing which could be added.
  • Resource Type: Commentary
Or if its a Topic (topx) Note file or a Reference (refx) Book file and etc., I think they too should be noted.

What you show is something similar to a Library Index card, or information which is put in a Library database system.

AAMOI I take it you would like this sort of data to appear as part of a search query result? If that is the case, then you certainly hit on an excellent and brilliant idea.

Now, that would give Josh something else to do in reinventing this site. :D

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

The main thing I would like to see involves updates. What was the update? Was it major (added graphics, revised or added new sections) or minor (corrected spelling/grammar)?
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

The main thing I would like to see involves updates. What was the update? Was it major (added graphics, revised or added new sections) or minor (corrected spelling/grammar)?

Hi Baunllaw,
When uploading a new version of a file there is a place where one can put in changes made to it, known as a Change Log which is at the bottom of the part where the file info (that is like where one puts in detailed information about a particular file, such as a Preface or something like that) Most people who upload seem not to put in the changes to a resource file for some reason or another, although I have seen a few.

I think its more to do with Geeks like me who do these kind of things. :lol:

That said, in the main I quite agree with you, as it would really give the downloader the important information to the changes made to a resource file.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users