Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

ICCNT Commentary Module

IN PROGRESS

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hi,

I will be starting this module after finishing the work on my present module. the main features are
  • breaking the commentary verse by verse
  • marking the hebrew and greek characters
  • providing hyperlinks to citations.
i will update the progress in this thread from time to time.

this is my first commentary module. please say a line of prayer in your personal prayers.

thanks
david

Edited by david psalms, 22 September 2012 - 01:16 PM.

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

hi David,

If you need any Help.. Please A.S.K. (Mat 7)

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi,

I will be starting this module after finishing the work on my present module. the main features are

• breaking the commentary verse by verse
  • marking the hebrew and greek characters
  • providing hyperlinks to citations.
i will update the progress in this thread from time to time.

this is my first commentary module. please say a line of prayer in your personal prayers.

thanks
david

Hi Dave,
Its already made and available for e-Sword. Dr Dave T has it available at his website, and I think its on here as well.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi Dave,
Its already made and available for e-Sword. Dr Dave T has it available at his website, and I think its on here as well.

Blessings,

The current version for e-Sword on this website is nearly a pump and dump style module because the goal at the time was to get something into e-Sword format. The footnotes aren't associated with the text, the English characters don't respect e-Sword font size/choice preferences, the greek and hebrew aren't tagged for proper rendering using e-Sword's fonts (leading to many complaints), and all the verse comments are dumped into a chapter by chapter style presentation (instead of verse by verse).

#5 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Josh beat me to the punch.

Some of our favorite 3rd party commentaries are "pump and dumps." That means the text was pumped up from somewhere (typically archive.org or another similar site) and dumped into a module shell with little/no formatting. The result is a module that is passably usable, and better than not having it -- but barely. (Sometimes the formatting is so poor, that it is better not to have it. I've deleted several pump and dumps from my personal library over the years, because the modules are simply not usable.)

The ICCNT is a great example of a passably usable pump and dump module. Actually, it's a better than "passabily" usable. It is quite usable. But it is laid out in "chapter by chapter" view instead of "verse by verse," and much of the Greek/Hebrew simply doesn't work.

So, while the ICCNT is currently available, we all would love to have someone tackle a nice reformat.

NOTE: "blcjr" is currently doing a major module reformat, but it will only be released for another software package (theWord). So, if David Psalms is willing to tackle this project, it will be a great blessing to many in the eSword community.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#6 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hi Doctor Dave/Josh,

I am willing to take this project. After completing ICC NT, if you are willing i am happy to contribute reformatting of existing modules which are not as per the standard. if you can provide the list to me i will work on them. Please feel free to delegate work to me on modules that adds value to the users.

thanks
david

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

David,

Thanks for tackling this one. There's no shortage of modules that could use help and I can suggest a few after this project.

But this is the biggest module I know of that needs help--and it's one of the most frequently asked about. A number of people have asked us when it will be reformatted (just a few days ago, a moderator forwarded me another email on this subject). Your project is very much in demand and it's one less thing I have to do! :) Thank you for taking it on.

Josh

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

The current version for e-Sword on this website is nearly a pump and dump style module because the goal at the time was to get something into e-Sword format. The footnotes aren't associated with the text, the English characters don't respect e-Sword font size/choice preferences, the greek and hebrew aren't tagged for proper rendering using e-Sword's fonts (leading to many complaints), and all the verse comments are dumped into a chapter by chapter style presentation (instead of verse by verse).

Hi Josh,
Cheers for letting me know about that. Gratefully appreciated.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#9 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hi,

I am currently working on the book of Matthew. In this book introduction the author of the commentary compared gospel of Matthew with gospel of Mark and gospel of Luke. in this process he has presented so many verse references. unfortunately some of the verses are not prefixed with the book name. this has become a challenge for tool tipping the verses. i do not want to leave them like that. based on the description provided around the verses i made some assumptions and prefixed the book names(Mat/Mar/Luk) infront of the book names.

I request some body in the forum to volunteer to cross check these references for accuracy. i am afraid that if i prefix a wrong book name the whole meaning will change. Especially the pastors and BIBLE teachers out there can be of great help. i am attaching the matthew introductary file here. you may load it in your eSword and check. the commentary will appear when you press Book comments icon in the commentary window while browsing the book of matthew in eSword.

The name of the Tab is ICC NT.

Attached File  Matthew.zip   430.92K   3 downloads

Those of you who are not well versed with how to load this into eSword please follow the below steps.
  • Download the attached Zip file.
  • Extract it to eSword installation folder (in windows it is c:\Program files(x86)\e-Sword
  • this will copy a file with the name Matthew.cmtx into the folder
  • Now Open eSword
  • Scroll and select book of Matthew on the left hand side BIBLE books menu
  • Click chapter 1.
  • This will load book of Matthew chapter 1 in BIBLEs window
  • Now in the commentaries window on the right hand side select ICC NT Tab
  • in that tab tool bar click on display book comments icon. it is "B" icon. next to it you will find "C" and "V" icons
  • it will display the introduction to Matthew
Attached File  ICC NT.jpg   100.63K   17 downloads

Thanks
david

Edited by david psalms, 25 September 2012 - 12:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users