Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Modules-Help

Missions

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pastorralph

pastorralph

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

I downloaded several modules, David Brainerds Dairy, for one, but where do I find it after I download?  I can't seem to figure out how to view anything other than commentaries, dictionaries, Bibles, and reference. And it didnt go there. So, help me please.

Thanks
Ralph

#2 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Dear Bro,

Thank you for downloading. you will find them in Tools-->Reference Library. it will open another window. you can find the modules in the drop down list. select the module you would like to see and it will be loaded.

Please do get back if you have any problem.

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#3 Mark VDH

Mark VDH

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

I have the same problem. Modules which I download go to an eSword file, and I can see them there with .topx extensions, but they do not show up in the Reference Library. I must be doing something wrong.

#4 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Here's my (possibly) helpful hints:

1. e-Sword must be re-started before each new module will show up.
2. the modules must be placed in the Program Files/e-Sword folder in order to make them show up in the reference library.
3. if the modules are in the documents/e-Sword folder, they will NOT show up in the reference library, but they WILL show up in the "topic editor."

I'm out of hints. :)

-Brad

#5 Mark VDH

Mark VDH

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Brad,
Thanks for the response. I had restarted eSword before to no avail, but I tried it again just to make sure. Still no downloaded modules show. I can see and read ones downloaded through the eSword menu (Ramsey's St. Paul the Traveler etc) but no module that I download through the Bible Support users group will show. I tried to move them from My Documents/eSword to Programs/eSword, but I don't even find that option. I can find the files My Documents/eSword and all the downloaded .topx files, but not sure what you mean by Programs/eSword.

I also am not finding what is referred to as the "topic editor".

Sorry for the ignorance on my part regarding this.

Thanks again,
Mark

#6 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

Oh.

Edited by LarryG, 31 August 2012 - 03:44 AM.

#7 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

The files downloaded from BibleSupport.com are often .exe files, which means you have to double-click them in order to install them.

Occasionally they are .zip files, which means they have to be double-clicked and "unzipped", and the contents moved to the Program Files/e-Sword folder. In order to get to this folder, you click on your start button, then "computer" then double-click your C drive, then double-click "Program Files" (or "Program Files (x86)" if that is an option), then double-click on "e-Sword". This is where all of your e-Sword files should be located. If you have any e-Sword modules that are elsewhere, move them here and restart e-Sword, and then they ought to work properly.

That is, unless I'm missing something.

If this doesn't work, please let us know some of the specific files you're having problems with.

#8 david psalms

david psalms

Resource Builder

• Moderators
  • 984 posts
  • LocationAndhra Pradesh, India

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

I can find the files My Documents/eSword and all the downloaded .topx files, but not sure what you mean by Programs/eSword.

Hi Bro,

If you have installed windows 64 bit version there will be 2 folders where all the installation software files are copied in your operating system drive (usually this will be C:).
  • Program files - where all the 64bit version software files are copied.
  • Program files(x86) - where all the 32bit version software files are copied.
After installing e-Sword it will create all its files in C:\Program files(x86)\e-Sword folder. Now copy all the .topx files you found in your My Documents/eSword folder to C:\Program files(x86)\e-Sword.

Now open eSword and go to Tools--> Reference Library. Now you should see your files in the list.

if you have any problem please ping me when you are online. i will help you to resolve.

david

The first goal in life is to make ourselves acceptable to the LORD

#9 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

This should be an easy one.

1. At the top of e-sword you will find an icon bar. One of the icons has a largish capital "E". When you click on that it will maximize the editor window. (NOTE: this is optional step that will no longer be needed if your editor is readily available. To reverse this, use the Icon just to the left of the icon with a capital "B".)
2. Once the editor window is maximized, look at the row below the Icon Bar. You will find three tabs, one of which is labeled "Topic Notes. Click on that tab. This is the Topic editor.
3. Now find the drop-down menu on the icon bar just above the input/editing area. Click on the down caret in the drop-down menu. Voila! You have found your topx files.
Posted Image

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Brad,
Thanks for the response. I had restarted eSword before to no avail, but I tried it again just to make sure. Still no downloaded modules show. I can see and read ones downloaded through the eSword menu (Ramsey's St. Paul the Traveler etc) but no module that I download through the Bible Support users group will show. I tried to move them from My Documents/eSword to Programs/eSword, but I don't even find that option. I can find the files My Documents/eSword and all the downloaded .topx files, but not sure what you mean by Programs/eSword.

Sorry for the ignorance on my part regarding this.

Thanks again,
Mark

Hi Mark,
Looks like you've hit a doozy there, mate. I dunno how new or old you are to e-Sword, and how familiar you are with the program. So I'll assume that you're pretty new to the program.

Generally all file with a topx extension are stored in your My Documents\e-Sword folder by default except those that are from e-Sword. Their default folder is Program Files\e-Sword.

OK, now for the next bit. all e-Sword's official topx files cannot be seen in the drop down Combo box but only the Reference Book thingy providing they are in the Program Files\e-Sword folder. To view a reference book in the Reference Book interface, there is a drop down Combo box at the top. Click on that and you should view all your topx note files there. Moreover, if you convert a topic note file to a refx file, then you will no longer see it in your topic note editor. Also, your topic note editor will only view third party (those that you create) topx files, and that is set by default at My Documents\e-Sword.

Now, I don't know if this information is helpful to you or not, but I trust/hope it is, and that you have found a solution to your problem.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Missions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users