Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

George Bowen

IN PROGRESS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

New York Times Obituary, 1888:

AN IDEAL MISSIONARY

The Life Work of The Rev. George Bowen.

The Rev. George Bowen, missionary, author, and editor, died in Bombay India on Feb. 5, at the age of 72 years. He was one of the best known of American missionaries in foreign lands, particularly because of distinguishing personal characteristics. One of these was his great devotion to the heathen cause in religion, which was shown by his refusal to draw his salary, after having spent but one year in India, on the ground that he would have more influence among the heathen if he were not possessed of a stated income.

Mr. Bowen was born in this country in 1816. At the age of 17 he was led to doubt the truth of Christianity by reading Gibbon's history. For 11 years he was an unbeliever....etc.
Attached File  103162101.pdf   49.73K   7 downloads
-------------------------------------------

At present I am in the process of converting two of Rev. Bowen's works into eSword TOPX modules. This brothers writings both convict me and bless me.

1] Verily, Verily - The Amens of Christ
2] Love Revealed: Meditations on the Parting Words of Jesus with His Disciples in John 13-17

Rev. Bowen's daily devotional has already been completed for eSword and can be obtained here.

http://www.biblesupp...tationsdevxexe/

Edited by LarryG, 16 August 2012 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users