Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

unable to download bibles from e-sword

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mike mclaurin

mike mclaurin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'm new to e-sword, have recently installed the program. The program is working, but when I click on downloads then click
on bibles I get an error message unable to connect to the internet, even though I'm connect to e-sword tech support or to your site the connect is working. I have disenabled the windows firewall, nad I'm not on any networks. Appreciate any help seems like the program is just what I have been looking just need more
bibles.
Thanks Mike

#2 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

If you're sure your connection is not the problem, there may be another security tool interferring with e-Sword.exe, make sure this file is given permission to access the internet. You may find an exclusions list in the particular tool, better is when you for the first time try to run an executable the software will alert you and you can check a box or make a change right then and there to 'allow' the software to run.

Whatever is blocking this file, give e-Sword permission to run and connect to the internet. Post back if tis is not the problem.

Mike
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

#3 mike mclaurin

mike mclaurin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I appreciate the response to my problem, I have had e-sword connected on line to tech support while program is running, the only error connection problem is when I try to downloading. I took my mc afee security off my computer, the only thing is windows which
I disenabled. My operating system is XP home. Thanks

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

What settings do you have for firewall on the 'General' and 'Exceptions' tabs

Jon

#5 mike mclaurin

mike mclaurin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hi jon
on the general tab it is set to fiewall off, the exception tab the things that are checked is Acelerator Core services, internet explorer, network diagnostics for windows XP, remote Assistance. Mike

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Sorry I can't help. I was thinking of Vista advanced settings where you can block outgoing connections. I just looked on XP and it does not have this setting. :(
I would turn your firewall on now.

Jon

#7 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

I have had e-sword connected on line to tech support while program is running,

Though I haven't used the 'Technical Support...' link from 'Help' I do believe it's only a link that opens in your internet browser.

You might check your DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings.

If you're the administrator of the system you might try right-clicking 'e-Sword.exe' - 'Run as...', make sure the file is running as an admin.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

#8 mike mclaurin

mike mclaurin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Thanks to all
I stumbled on the fix, This computer hasn't been on line for a while, so when I tried to get my e-mail while on line Yahoo said I needed to update it. When it finished Internet Explorer said it needed to update to version 8. I restarted e-sword and the download for the bible work. Thanks again mike m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users