Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

CrossOver/Mac/e-Sword 10.1.0 not searching

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Caveman

Caveman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

I just did a new, full install or e-Sword 10.1.0 last night/this morning. Installed the modules I had in my previous 10.0.5 or whatever it was, and now search functions will not work.

I can't go back to my previous version, it is gone.

Edited by Caveman, 31 July 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#2 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

and now search functions will not work.

A ) Regex search should work without modifying PlayOnLinux, WINE, CrossOver, or whatever emulater you are using with e-Sword. The other search functions require tinkering with various configuration files.

B ) The canonical thread on installing e-Sword with WINE on Ubuntu derivatives can be found at http://ubuntuforums....d.php?t=404042.

C ) In theory, the following should work:
( Silverhair's message in the thread at http://www.biblesupp...inux-with-wine/ )

Do this before installing E-sword:

Set oleaut32 to builtin in winecfg

In winetricks install

msls31
msxml3 *
vbrun6
vcrun6
wsh57

Once these are installed you can install E-sword and it should work.

* To install msxml3 winetricks will open an MS download site where you can get the file.
Once downloaded put it in: [b]home/user-name/.cache/winetricks/msxml3[/b]

To find the .cache type ctl-h while in your home dir to show the hidden files. You my have to reselect the files to have winetricks install them

There are several issues with e-Sword 10.1.0 under WINE, even when following the procedures in C ):
  • AudioSermon does not function;
  • Bible Markup functions inconsistently;
  • Highlighting usually fails to function correctly;
  • The text of some resources randomly disapears;
  • Search randomly fails;
  • I've forgotten the rest of the problems. (I just got e-Sword installed on my laptop today. It wouldn't install with Snow Cloud or KXStudio, or Xubuntu. Ubuntu 12.04 and Kubuntu 12.04 would not install on my system. I deleted both Fedora and Mandrivia because the ERP software I wanted to install wouldn't. I ended up installing Bhodi Linux 2.0. beta.)
On the plus side, e-Sword appears to load faster under WINE, than on Windows XP.

jonathon

#3 Caveman

Caveman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Thanks to everybody who looked at this. I appreciate your efforts. I have found the source of the problem and have it all corrected now.

After CrossOver is installed, e-Sword should be downloaded from the list that is in CrossOver, not from e-Sword's site! This was my oversight. Everything is working fine now and actually a few nuisance bugs were fixed!

DoctorDaveT, thanks for your efforts of your attempted rescue. I appreciate you more than you may realize!

Jonathon, your post didn't hit it quite directly, but it got me onto right thinking that led me to my error. You too are greatly appreciated!

One thing is for certain, I didn't solve this without your help. Greatly appreciated!

Whew! I'm glad that's over with! :)

Edited by Caveman, 01 August 2012 - 11:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users