Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Searching for - “A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament....”

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Where can I find this module, please? I've done a search on these forums, and it came up with nothing... But, it is a resource that has been described as essential to the study of the Bible Greek words and expressions. It's available to other varients of eSword type programs, and considering that eSword has the biggest wealth and diversity of Lexicons, etc, I'm wondering where this essential resource could be hiding.

Bauer, Walter; Danker, Frederick W., etc. “A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament....” (BDAG)

#2 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

BDAG is not available for eSword. It is available for TheWord Bible Software here.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#3 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

OUCH! $150!!! for a paid module?
Posted Image

#4 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Yep.

This is one of those kinds of works where the author/editor spends a lifetime doing writing and research - and with a relatively limited number of potential sales, well, you can figure it out. Even used ones at Amazon sell for triple digits. Logos, too, sells it for $150.

This is the academic standard for Greek lexical work. Students are required to purchase it for their classes. So, if you're committed to computer Bible research, and required to own the work, it is a great deal. By the way - it really works great with TheWord.

Dave

#5 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Isn't the regular Arndt and Gingrich available somewhere for e-Sword? I thought for sure I'd seen it somewhere. That one was before Bauer and Danker grabbed it and edited it.

#6 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

There are no legal editions of BAG, BAGD, or BDAG available for eSword.

Brad - if interested in the publication history of BDAG, you could check out my comprehensive review of this particular work. Bauer is (basically) the originator of this particular lexical series in German. Arndt and Gingrich are the men responsible for bringing the work into English. Danker took over for Arndt when Arndt died.

Dave

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

The "Arndt & Gingrich", BAG, version came out in 1957. Was that copyright extended? I'm not sure what title to search for so I can't be sure. I've learned to always double check copyright claims. I'll look more into this one this evening.

#8 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

from the Stanford Copyright Renewal Database....

Dave

#9 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Where can I find this module, please?

This resource has not been officially released as an e-Sword resource. You'll have to wait for Phil and Rick to create and distribute it, if you want a copy that has been legally distributed.

I'm wondering where this essential resource could be hiding.

Inasmuch as this website does not condone piracy, links to it will not be provided on this site.

Trying to remember if it was the e-Sword HALOT or BDAG resource whose quality was so bad, that one was better off ignoring its existence.

jonathon

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

This resource has not been officially released as an e-Sword resource. You'll have to wait for Phil and Rick to create and distribute it, if you want a copy that has been legally distributed.

Inasmuch as this website does not condone piracy, links to it will not be provided on this site.

Trying to remember if it was the e-Sword HALOT or BDAG resource whose quality was so bad, that one was better off ignoring its existence.

jonathon

There's a lot of e-Sword resources that are copyrighted, yet still they exist in e-Sword format. If you google what you want + e-Sword, you can find a lot. But many aren't worth having--I've seen plenty with terrible (shameful) formatting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users