Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Searching for - “A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament....”

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 rodneybstevens47

rodneybstevens47

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

I recently found copies in tiff image format of a Greek concordance, and tried using OCR software to render them into Greek & English. The quality of the images was poor and the results were very poor - useless. So, I have purchased a copy of "The Englishman's Greek Concordance of the New Testament" (coded with Strong's numbers) with the intention of scanning it for use in an eSword module. I do not know how to make the module, but will scan it for anyone who does and will. I need to know what format in which to scan (tiff, jpg, ?), what pixel depth, b&w or greyscale and so on. Please let me know, I will scan the pages to any specification you need.

Thanks, Rodney
rodneybstevens47@gmail.com

For those unfamiliar with a Greek concordance, it lists each Greek word (in Greek), followed by each use - Chap,Verse and how it was translated into English. Such as: 'ekklesia' - to the 'assembly', to the 'church', to the 'fellowship', etc. This reference is useful with a Greek/English Interlinear NT or a Greek language NT or finding the Greek word in Strong's and working backwards (the Interlinear is much easier). Seeing the verses translated different ways gives you sort of a composite picture of the meaning of the word as used in the whole New Testament, rather than just a single instance.

#22 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

I heard a rumor that an electronic edition already existed. Let me check on that before you go through scanning the whole thing.

#23 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I think LOGOS issues a version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users