Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Sword Between 2 Computers

3 replies to this topic

#1 SimplyNewt

SimplyNewt

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

I have two lap tops with the latest E-Sword versions installed on them.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to get the notes, lists, and topics from one laptop to the other.

I was thinking that I would have to copy and paste the particular files from one to the other via a flash drive. Is this all that needs to be done or is there more to it?

Sorry if this question seems to be insignificant but I am a new user and would very much like to get the most out of this program.

Thanks for the time.

God Bless.

#2 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

This is a very good question, one I had early on, I didn't want to re-download resources I already had if they hadn't been updated after I reinstalled e-Sword, so yes, you can transfer the resources from one to the other - make sure saved resources will work on your e-Sword version if it's one you've had for a while.

Read the guide (Help or F1) if you're unsure, simply copy the resource from the given \folder in e-Sword to your thumb drive, to be safe you might take notes where the resource goes on the second machine - the same location it came from on the source machine.

You could also save the original resources(s), the .zip or .exe files from BibleSupport.com, or if you added resources from within e-Sword using the downloader you could save those as well by copying out the new Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, etc, then run the installers on the second machine, you have options - run the installer, extract the zip, or drop the raw resource (.bblx) in the proper folder.

If bandwidth isn't an issue you may redownload I suppose, for me, my connection is so slow a 30MB Bible I will save until it no longer works on my version of e-Sword. So, I have copies and store em with my e-Sword installer, after a reinstall I simply extract the resource to the appropriate \folder, or if I should install e-Sword on a friends machine, I take e-Sword and all my resources and give them everything I have.

HTH,

Mike
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

#3 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

hi

you can also open e-Sword go to edit - study notes -
Press control and right click on mouse to open study notes, topics or journal = that has been saved on a usb, memory stick or flash drive. this is how I use my study notes from my usb. and run e-Sword with all my modules that I use.

I use my same modules (study notes as well) on my usb.
go to options - resource location select file open

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#4 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

I was thinking that I would have to copy and paste the particular files from one to the other via a flash drive. Is this all that needs to be done or is there more to it?

My recommendation is to periodically burn your e-Sword resources to CD/DVD.
Then, copy from the CD/DVDs to the system when needed.

You can use flash drives and USB sticks and drives to store your e-Sword resources. However, doing so will have a negative impact of e-Sword performance.

jonathon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users