Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Converting CTMX Files - New User

27 replies to this topic

#1 beth99

beth99

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

I downloaded e-Sword today then a MP# CTMX file but I don't know how to use it. I'm trying to get Chuck Smiths C2000 commentary but after it downloads it cannot find anything to open it with.

Please help.

Beth

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

I downloaded e-Sword today then a MP# CTMX file but I don't know how to use it. I'm trying to get Chuck Smiths C2000 commentary but after it downloads it cannot find anything to open it with.

Please help.

For non-technical users, it's best to download the e-Sword module installer: http://www.biblesupp...ler-04-updated/

After that's installed, open the Chuck Smith zip file by double clicking on it. Then double click on the Chuck Smith cmtx module. Follow the prompts to install the module. You must then restart e-Sword.

Josh

#3 beth99

beth99

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

For non-technical users, it's best to download the e-Sword module installer: http://www.biblesupp...ler-04-updated/

After that's installed, open the Chuck Smith zip file by double clicking on it. Then double click on the Chuck Smith cmtx module. Follow the prompts to install the module. You must then restart e-Sword.

Josh

I'll will try that tomorrow. Thank you for your help. Where do I get the Chuck Smith zip file?I just Googled it and eSword came up. I have the file but iti is CMTZ,not a zip file. Actualy, I am pretty technical but not with this particular software.

Beth

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'll will try that tomorrow. Thank you for your help. Where do I get the Chuck Smith zip file?I just Googled it and eSword came up. I have the file but iti is CMTZ,not a zip file. Actualy, I am pretty technical but not with this particular software.

I thought you had the Chuck Smith cmtx file already? The module installer works on any e-Sword resource. Some modules are self-installing. If your technically inclined, just move the cmtx file you wish to view into the e-Sword program files folder.

#5 beth99

beth99

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

Ok, in Program Files I have a folder for e-sword and a folder for e-sword program installer. I moved the cmtx files into both folders and when I click on it in either folder windows comes up with unknown application extenstion and will not run. It isn't a zip file. I know the solution will probably be something totally simple. Do I need to download it from the e-sword software (the window where you read the bible with the tabs across the top. Sorry I'm new at this. I appreciate your help.

Beth

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

Ok, in Program Files I have a folder for e-sword and a folder for e-sword program installer. I moved the cmtx files into both folders and when I click on it in either folder windows comes up with unknown application extenstion and will not run. It isn't a zip file. I know the solution will probably be something totally simple. Do I need to download it from the e-sword software (the window where you read the bible with the tabs across the top. Sorry I'm new at this. I appreciate your help.

Hello,

After the cmtx file is in the e-Sword folder, you run e-Sword. The top, right window in e-Sword shows commentary modules. After e-Sword starts, press F1 to view the e-Sword User's Manual. It has a nice introductory chapter that explains this and more.

Josh

#7 beth99

beth99

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

I've done that. The commentary modules do not have C2000 listed. The manual does not say how to use a resource that is outside of the e-sword software. I will read some more but I don't think I am going to get anywhere. I just might have figure out another way to do it.

Beth

#8 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

The tab name for Chuck Smith is: CSmith -or- CSM.

Again, the easiest way to make sure modules are in the right folder is to use the module installer. It will detect where e-Sword is installed and copy the module for you. The problem in these situations is that the module isn't in the right folder and that's why we made the e-Sword Module Installer.

You cannot view e-Sword commentaries outside of e-Sword. They're designed for e-Sword, like a Microsoft Word document is designed for Microsoft Word.

#9 beth99

beth99

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

I understand all that. I have the module installer in my Program files. The download is pasted into the e-Sword folder (not module installer folder). I have closed and restarted e-sword. Nothing in the commentary section...no Chuck Smith,no CSM, just the default programs that came with e-sword. I've done everything that everyone has told me to do and I'm just stumped. I am computer literate and was in the IT field for many years. I KNOW I'm doing just what is being told me to do so it just HAS to be a software problem or glitch somewhere but I can't figure where. Maybe I will try to reboot my computer and see if that helps. Thanks Josh...I know this is a pain!

Beth

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Having the module installer in your program files does nothing. You must double click the module, which launches the module installer runs and automatically installs the module. That is the way to ensure it's in the right folder--let the module installer install it.

If a cmtx file is in the right folder (which running the module installer will accomplish), and the cmtx is valid (and we know it is because 2,500 other people have downloaded it with no complaints), the module will display in e-Sword.

Next steps after you use the module installer to install the module: upload a screenshot of your e-Sword folder--shoot it through Windows Explorer. And also let us know what version of Windows you are using. And also, a screenshot of e-Sword running.

Josh

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users