Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Converting CTMX Files - New User

27 replies to this topic

#21 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Upper left is the e-sword Icon. Show all windows is checked in the drop down menu in the windows tab. I can select a commentary or dictonary but it comes up as a single window maximized. Now when I first installed this there were 4 windows and I "hid" them since I didn't want to see them all at one. I guess I don't know how to get them back.

I wrote that previous comment incorrectly. Go to "window" in the upper drop down menus and then select "Show all Windows". This should bring all your windows back.

Or hit the "Ctr" and "F1" keys at the same time. This should accomplish the same thing.

#22 beth99

beth99

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

I have show all windows selected. I also tried the F1 and CTL but I still only have the Bible maximized.

Beth

#23 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

I think the problem, from your screenshot, is you're viewing a maximized Bibles window. In your configuration, the Commentaries window is represented as a tab, on the left side of the screen.

Return e-Sword to it's default look by clicking Help > Reset e-Sword Settings.

Then you will see the 4 default windows that e-Sword starts with as shown here: http://www.biblesupp...ing-esword.html Once you view the Commentaries window, you will see Chuck Smith's commentary.

#24 beth99

beth99

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

That was it...it's fixed. Praise the Lord! Blessings to you two who worked so hard with me to help figure this out. It is much appreciated. I still thought this was going to be the MP3 format but that doesn't matter. I will purchase the C2000 disks from his web site. Nw I can finally move on to thinking about other things...like paying bills and get on with my Bible study. Thanka again.

Beth

#25 jtsdah

jtsdah

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

I lost CSM commentary. I tried downloading module installer and it was saying csm already exists. I finally uninstalled csm and tried downloading again. Still could not. I have Windows 8.1 and do not like it. Could the problem be the Windows 8.1?

#26 jtsdah

jtsdah

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

TY Josh. You solved my problem. I love eSword and you.

jtsdah

#27 John H Holley

John H Holley

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

I am a new user also, Loaded on thursday. Added NIV Bible on Friday. And today decided I wanted William Barclays' daily devotiona. Being new I ran into issues alos with the CMTX files. Could not figure out how to get them to open.

Thankfully I found this querry. I removed the CMTX file from my PC. Downloaded the 'Installer Module' ( do not know where it was placed on my PC). Have not been able to find it. I am assuming it imbeded itself with e-sword.

I then went back to Bible Support and downloaded the Barclays CMTX file and it installed successfully.

Thanks Josh and thanks Beth.... for posting your issue. I hope by now that you have been successful in you installation.

#28 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

John, glad the Module Installer worked--that's what it's supposed to do--work seamlessly with your browser after you download a module.

FYI: It's a separate program and available under your Start menu, where all programs reside. But it's designed to launch automatically after you select "Open" or "Run" in your web browser when/after downloading the module.

Attached File  module-installer-where.png   49.94K   8 downloads

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users