Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword display of polytonic Greek

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#11 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

To get Strong Number to have popup tooltips, you need to do a couple of things.
1) if you are using T4 to build your BBLX file, set at the top of the file, #define strong=1
2) It appears that e-Sword does not recognize leading zeros. So, The first Strong Number label, G0976 will not work. It needs to be reformatted as G976.

#12 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Just an FYI - the version of T4, v1.27, will have a Stong Number formatting tool which will apply color, and superscript, and also remove leading zeros.

#13 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

It is not obvious to me what you tried. It appears that you were not even able to load the file, such you could not have run the "Greek Unicode Fixup" tool. Can you clarify? You were loading a DOC file it appears. Perhaps you can break your project down in smaller pieces and work on them in chunks. It is very easy to combine the resultant files into a single large file at the end. The RTF file you posted was very verbose. I suspect it was from MS-Word?

The file loads without problem into TTT and I can generate the complete NT. But when I try to run the "Unicode Fixup (personal)" is when I get the error message. Yes, I did create the RTF and DOC using MS Word 2007, but the original file is a UTF-8 file created using UltraEdit as my editor. I transferred the UTF-8 file into MS Word so that I could superscript and color the parsing using VBA macros.

Thanx for the tip on the leading zeros, I can eliminate them when I generate the UTF-8 file. They were only in there to facilitate sorting and searching my dictionaries when creating the original Greek text. I look forward to your updated program! Thanx for your work on it. (Ruth 2:12)

Edited by Searcher, 12 July 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#14 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

The file loads without problem into TTT and I can generate the complete NT. But when I try to run the "Unicode Fixup (personal)" is when I get the error message. Yes, I did create the RTF and DOC using MS Word 2007, but the original file is a UTF-8 file created using UltraEdit as my editor. I transferred the UTF-8 file into MS Word so that I could superscript and color the parsing using VBA macros.

Thanx for the tip on the leading zeros, I can eliminate them when I generate the UTF-8 file. They were only in there to facilitate sorting and searching my dictionaries when creating the original Greek text. I look forward to your updated program! Thanx for your work on it. (Ruth 2:12)

Note - I did not instruct you to use the "Unicode Fixup (personal)" tool. You should be using the "Greek Unicode Fixup" tool. I would not use the former on your project. I have not documented the use of this tool because it is used in some of my own "personal" work.

I have released a new update to T4, v1.27, and it has a new tool, "Format Strong Numbers". You may or may not want to use it. If you do, it will delete the leading zeros, and change their color to "green" which seems to be the e-Sword standard. Nothing magical about the green. It will also set them to superscript. You do not need to use it if you don't want to. You do need to "fixup" the Greek for e-Sword.

#15 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

I am using version 1.21 of T4 and I did not see the "Greek Unicode Fixup" option in the "Tools" drop down menu. That is why I specified what I did use. Did I misunderstand where it was located? I will download your update now. Thanx!

#16 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

One of the problems with forums is that communication is often stuttered and not always clear. I said, "using "e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT" (T4), the latest version.". I should have been more specific. NOTE - v1.27 is the current version. Let me know if it works for you, and/or if you need more questions answered in how to use the program. BH

#17 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

I am using version 1.21 of T4 and I did not see the "Greek Unicode Fixup" option in the "Tools" drop down menu. That is why I specified what I did use. Did I misunderstand where it was located? I will download your update now. Thanx!

The latest release is 1.27.

#18 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

It is taking a while. I just successfully finished the Strong's fixup. Nicely done. I tried doing it several times without success and eventually discovered that the screen saver appears to cause it to hang. Not sure on that, but first I noticed that it seemed to hang when the screen saver started running, and second that when I disabled the screen saver I was able to run it successfully. I saved the adjusted file, and am now running the Greek Unicode fixup. The Strong's fixup took over an hour, but I appreciated that there was a continuous progress summary in the form of line numbers at the bottom of the screen. However, I was unable to see any way to monitor the progress of the Unicode fixup, and also noted the "LOCKED" displayed in the lower left corner. I will let you know how it goes. Thanx!

#19 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

I generally like to work on big projects in chunks. That way, if I mess up, and fix the just the parts that need fix'n without having to build a huge file. It is very easy to combine the small files (in your case, BBLX) into a single file at the end.

Yes, I need to add a progress bar to these new tools...

#20 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

It looks like chunks is what it must be. The Greek Unicode Fixup choked on the whole NT.

By the way, where in "Settings" do you set the color of the Greek text? Is it in Marks/Settings, or somewhere else. If that is where it is, how do you set it?

Many thanx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users