Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Hebrew Scriptures Concordance

14 replies to this topic

#1 Tomshome2day

Tomshome2day

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario, Canada

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

The .dctx file won't unpack and install. This is the only download I've had problems with. My laptop doesn't recognize .twm files ( Windows 7 ). I can see the .dctx file in my downloads folder if I click it Windows asks permission to make changes to my Laptop, when I click "OK" nothing happens I just go back to the compressed .dctx folder.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

The .dctx file won't unpack and install. This is the only download I've had problems with. My laptop doesn't recognize .twm files ( Windows 7 ). I can see the .dctx file in my downloads folder if I click it Windows asks permission to make changes to my Laptop, when I click "OK" nothing happens I just go back to the compressed .dctx folder.

You need the dctx file. You have 2 options. Manually extract the dctx file and copy it to your program files\e-sword folder. Or use the Module Installer: http://www.biblesupp...ler-04-updated/ Once the module installer is installed, you can simply double click the zip to open it. Then double click the dctx file and the Module Installer does the rest.

Josh

#3 Tomshome2day

Tomshome2day

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

First, thank you for the quick reply. I've downloaded a couple of dozen programs, with and without the module installer with no issues. I've retried again and the module will not unpack, as I said in my previous post this is the only module I've had problems with so I don't think the problem could be at my end. I've moved the compressed file into my e-sword directory and have attempted to manually extract the module and it does not unpack. Uninstall it on your PC and try a fresh install see if you have a problem, I think you will.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hi,

This module has over 2,000 downloads, so if it did not extract properly, we would dozens of complaints in the review section of the module. I just downloaded and extracted this module without issue.

It's possible that the zip file did not download completely. Have you deleted the downloaded zip and tried downloading it again? I wish I could be of more help but, when it works on my end, there's not much I can suggest.

Josh

#5 Tomshome2day

Tomshome2day

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Thanks again for a speedy reply, may the Lord bless your minsitry. I've tried several different ways, each time clearing my downloads, using different browsers but it still won't unpack. I'll try again in the future, others may comment on having problems or they may suggest other options. I've installed a few other modules today and had no problems only with this one.

#6 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

I am going to guess your problem is that you downloaded a "theWord" module instead of an e-Sword module. You said it was a .twm file (twm files are for TheWord, aren't they?). e-Sword won't recognize that no matter how much clicking you do on it.

#7 Tomshome2day

Tomshome2day

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

I've been trying the .dctx file, Windows doesn't recognize the .twm file. Since my original post I've successfully installed at least 10 modules and still this one won't unpack ( unzip ).

I just unpacked
Concordance to the Greek Scriptures

without problems but I couldn't unpack

or

LXX Concordance

either.

Edited by Tomshome2day, 02 July 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#8 Scribe

Scribe

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

I've been trying the .dctx file, Windows doesn't recognize the .twm file. Since my original post I've successfully installed at least 10 modules and still this one won't unpack ( unzip ).

I just unpacked
Concordance to the Greek Scriptures

without problems but I couldn't unpack

or

LXX Concordance

either.

Hi Tomshome2day,

Please note the added uncompressed files in the download section for both files above.
Scribe

#9 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi Tomshome2day,

Please note the added uncompressed files in the download section for both files above.

Scribe, what program do you use for zipping files. It is odd someone would download several dozen files and only have problems with your two. I've had issues before when I tried to use a "better" zip to get better compression. And a number of people on older operating systems couldn't open the zip file.

#10 Tomshome2day

Tomshome2day

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hi Tomshome2day,

Thanks Scribe that worked...what I had to do was to manually move the uncompressed folders into E-Sword with Windows Explorer. Both modules are now installed and functioning perfectly. Thanks Josh for all of your help as well, what a great site. All of these modules will make class preparation so much quicker and easier plus being very portable. Lord bless you both and thanks again.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users