Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

User font settings in modules

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Son seeker

Son seeker

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

A personal request to all Module Makers:

Please format your modules so they utilize e-Sword's user font settings. (Font style, size, etc.) This ensures a uniform "look" across e-Sword. The way it is now many modules are a disarrayed mix of different fonts, sizes, etc. which makes e-Sword look less professional than it could . . . and should.

Thanks for taking this request into consideration. And thanks for all the time and effort you invest in these resources for others!

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

A personal request to all Module Makers:

Please format your modules so they utilize e-Sword's user font settings. (Font style, size, etc.) This ensures a uniform "look" across e-Sword. The way it is now many modules are a disarrayed mix of different fonts, sizes, etc. which makes e-Sword look less professional than it could . . . and should.

Thanks for taking this request into consideration. And thanks for all the time and effort you invest in these resources for others!

In ToolTip NT, the module maker should have Module > Font Size Set By e-Sword checked. I've tried to get folks to do this for Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Devotions

Unfortunately, Topic/Resource Library modules can't be made this way. It's the way e-Sword is programmed. The module maker must specify a font type and size, and it overrides anything the user has specified.

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Please format your modules so they utilize e-Sword's user font settings. (Font style, size, etc.) This ensures a uniform "look" across e-Sword

+1

Unfortunately, Topic/Resource Library modules can't be made this way. It's the way e-Sword is programmed.

I think that that is a bigger flaw than the issue you have with commentaries.

jonathon

#4 superaben

superaben

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationShenandoah Valley, VA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

Unfortunately, Topic/Resource Library modules can't be made this way. It's the way e-Sword is programmed. The module maker must specify a font type and size, and it overrides anything the user has specified.

Although this question has probably already been expressed somewhere, for a refresher for those of us who do a few Topic modules, what are the "best" font settings to use that match the majority of e-Sword users' desires? Is Times New Roman 12 point normally a safe choice?

Thanks!

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

I use CTRL+scroll wheel too zoom in ref and topic window also works on bible dictionary and commentary windows it will adjust to to what ever reading size you like it does not chnge font size just zooms in

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Although this question has probably already been expressed somewhere, for a refresher for those of us who do a few Topic modules, what are the "best" font settings to use that match the majority of e-Sword users' desires? Is Times New Roman 12 point normally a safe choice?

Thanks!

Times New Roman 12 or Georgia 11. I prefer Georgia because Times New Roman shows an underscore _ on a different elevation than an underline. So on many computers, verse references are just ugly in Times New Roman--the underline in the verse reference appears separate from the underlining of the whole verse. Now, after I convert material to other Bible software formats, I will change the Georgia to whatever font they use, such as Tahoma.

How's that for picky?

Gen_1:1 - Georgia
Gen_1:1 - Times New Roman

#7 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

I use Times New Roman 12 as my standard font for just about every .topx./.refx module I build. Old habits die hard.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#8 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

hi all,

Thanks for the info about T4 checking the RTF old output. - It does shrink the size the of module. and what is the rtf header?

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#9 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

hi all,

Thanks for the info about T4 checking the RTF old output. - It does shrink the size the of module. and what is the rtf header?

thanks

You should not use the RTF Header unless you have a good reason to. If you don't know what the RTF header is, then that's a good reason not to use it. :)

You would use the RTF header in commentaries and dictionaries, when foreign language requires a legacy font. The RTF Header will let you specify a font for certain words. I used it on a few modules but now, I convert the font to unicode to avoid RTF headers. I've remade most of the modules that had RTF headers.

The huge drawback with RTF headers is it overrides the user's font type and size preferences. And we receive lots of complaints on modules with an RTF header. It's a bad idea for e-Sword. All official modules do not have an RTF header--and there's a good reason for that.

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

I use Times New Roman 12 as my standard font for just about every .topx./.refx module I build. Old habits die hard.

Hi Dave,
Yeah, I'm like that too. Fact is I've changed my e-Sword Font settings to read Times New Roman 12 right across the board with the exception of Hebrew and Greek which remains at Titus thingy. Other foreign language font settings are not an issue to me as I don't use them.

Blessings,

Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users