Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Converting E-Sword modules to Mysword

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

pfpeller,

I am looking for a Bible translation that does not have a TR or Majority Text bias, but also takes into account the NA27 in its textual criticism. I guess I will have to stick to an alternative to Mysword.

I believe the Spoken English NT would fit your description. It was recently converted to an e-Sword module, though I've not uploaded a MySword edition yet (as I don't have an Android device to try it on). The translator has given permission to put in in MySword, if anyone is interested in doing the conversion and checking it to make sure it looks right (hint, hint, Peter).

#12 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

pfpeller,

I am looking for a Bible translation that does not have a TR or Majority Text bias, but also takes into account the NA27 in its textual criticism. I guess I will have to stick to an alternative to Mysword.

Thanks for your advice

Hi pgrimm,

I am biased toward the majority text. However, ISV, NET, LEB, NHEB, and many other freely available translations I believe take into account NA27. I may be wrong on some of those.

MySword has tried to get ESV, but ESV would not allow it to be freely distributed unless it was online.

ANDBIBLE has ESV for free for Android I believe. I am not sure why they allowed ESV in ANDBIBLE for free and not in MySword, but this was the publisher's decision.

Blessings,
Peter

#13 pgrimm

pgrimm

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Is it possible (if so... how) to convert MySword files to E-sword 8.x?

#14 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Is it possible (if so... how) to convert MySword files to E-sword 8.x?

There is no direct conversion method for MySword files to e sword 10x or e sword 8x allthough in some cases it can be done.

#15 pgrimm

pgrimm

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

pfpeller

What is the indirect way? How do I determine which modules are able, or not able, if they are not under any copywrites?

Thanks

#16 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

pfpeller

What is the indirect way? How do I determine which modules are able, or not able, if they are not under any copywrites?

Thanks

No one has written a program to do this. A person would have to edit the database structure to match e sword 10x. I have done this on one Bible before. This is not hard.

You would probable then have to do a search/replace on the database to strip out things are not compatible with e sword (like MySword verse reference links if it is a non Bible and other formatting things). I have not attempted this, but others may have. I do not really have need to figure out the steps involved so I have not worked with it much.

What kind of file are tyring to migrate and why haven't you upgraded to e sword 10x?

Blessings,
Peter

#17 pgrimm

pgrimm

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

pfpeller

I'm looking at migrating books, Bibles, dictionaries and commentaries.
I'm running e-sword 9.9.1 and haven't seen a need to go to 10x yet.
From what I've been reading on this forum, 8x files give the most versatility. That's why I was wanting 8x.

Thanks

#18 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

pfpeller

I'm looking at migrating books, Bibles, dictionaries and commentaries.
I'm running e-sword 9.9.1 and haven't seen a need to go to 10x yet.
From what I've been reading on this forum, 8x files give the most versatility. That's why I was wanting 8x.

Thanks

But why would you want to migrate a MySword file to e sword? Almost all MySword files already exist in e sword.

#19 Johannes vdZwan

Johannes vdZwan

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLima - Peru

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

Is there a posibility to convert RTF to MYSWORD format

#20 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Hi

as I know of, no there is none, you will have to make the rtf into an e-Sword module first then to the Word finally to mySword.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users