Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Bible Study with e-Sword

1 reply to this topic

#1 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

As I look at the vast array of modules available for e-Sword, perhaps the most overwhelming thought that comes to mind is that we actually have a very powerful Bible study tool.

The two most critical components for good Bible study and interpretation of Scripture is having the the resources available to help achieve these things, and they are a good set of dictionaries and commentaries. As I look at what is actually available for e-Sword, and what has been recently created, I am astounded at what is available.

Some of the resources available for good exegesis, which can be used in conjunction with each other, are:

For Dictionaries:
  • WordStudy Dictionary
  • Vine's Old and New Testament Dictionaries
  • Wilson's Dictionary of Bible Types
For Commentaries:
  • Vincent's Word Studies
  • Robertson Word Pictures
  • Lange's Bible Commentary
There are many others I can mention that can be added to this list. But what I've pointed out, would have to be the main ones which actually gives the Bible student the depth needed to go into the Word of God.

Josh Bond, in particular has to be credited with bringing out works that have extreme Hermeneutical value for great exegesis. Also, as a result of the above list of Dictionaries available for e-Sword, makes this program perhaps one of the best.

These kinds of resources are invaluable when it comes to good Bible Study. And here is the best part of it, use these in your Topic and Study Note editors, and you have one very powerful program which will bless you beyond measure.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#2 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

As I look at the vast array of modules available for e-Sword, perhaps the most overwhelming thought that comes to mind is that we actually have a very powerful Bible study tool.

There are many others I can mention that can be added to this list. But what I've pointed out, would have to be the main ones which actually gives the Bible student the depth needed to go into the Word of God.

Josh Bond, in particular has to be credited with bringing out works that have extreme Hermeneutical value for great exegesis. Also, as a result of the above list of Dictionaries available for e-Sword, makes this program perhaps one of the best.

These kinds of resources are invaluable when it comes to good Bible Study. And here is the best part of it, use these in your Topic and Study Note editors, and you have one very powerful program which will bless you beyond measure.

Blessings,

Very thoughtful post sir.. Thanks for taking the time to make that available...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users