Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

MySword for Droid Modules

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#91 Atheist Rob

Atheist Rob

e-Sword Addict

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Note in passing that downloading resources from BibleSupport.com technically means the user has agreed to a EULA that covers that specific resource. A EULA that is created by, and enforced by a third party --- BibleSupport.com.

I disagree with you there Johnathon. The character A in EULA stands for "Agreement", that means that I as a consumer of copyrighted material have to actually agree to wave rights that copyright law grants me by default. Just downloading the material does not cut it unless I can only get to the material after waving those rights. I don't recall ever having done that. It would be like me going to a bookstore and buying a book and then being prohibited to publish the number of words in chapter 9 just because some notice in the back of the book says so. It would be something else if the bookstore handed me a waver to sign before being able to buy the book. Copyright is not a carte blanche.

Regards,
Rob

#92 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

The character A in EULA stands for "Agreement", that means that I as a consumer of copyrighted material have to actually agree to wave rights that copyright law grants me by default.

This is where EULAs, and the enforcibality thereof vary by country.

In the United States, clicking of "Agree and Download"button here, constitutes acceptence of the EULA, which is the text above the button.

In the European Economic Community, clicking the "Agree and Download" button is meaningless, due to a lack of consideration. (If the resource was purchased, the EULA is meaningless, because it was presented after the purchase.)

jonathon

Attached Files

#93 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

In the United States, clicking of "Agree and Download"button here, constitutes acceptence of the EULA, which is the text above the button.

In the European Economic Community, clicking the "Agree and Download" button is meaningless, due to a lack of consideration. (If the resource was purchased, the EULA is meaningless, because it was presented after the purchase.)

jonathon

Now, therein children is where Jonathon's expertise really comes to the fore. He's well researched, and though not expertise in law, yet his primary knowledge is pretty much on the spot and reliable.

Remember, the EEC doesn't like American software houses very much, and Microsoft is about the most hated by them. They love the underdog more than the top dog, and where possible they like to make life miserable for the top dog, and give the underdog a bit of a fair shake. (fair go) despite sticking it into the Greeks, Italians and the Spaniards. All this bit is tongue-in-cheek, so don't take it seriously. :D <<< See my cheesy cheeky smile!

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#94 Atheist Rob

Atheist Rob

e-Sword Addict

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

It's been a while since I downloaded a module. I stand corrected.

Regards,
Rob

#95 vinod antin

vinod antin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

in open bible we have modules of different versions like NIV which are not available in mysword but they are in ont file format how do you convert them to mybible format which is used by mysword

#96 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

I am not sure what openBible is, but we cannot convert those translations to MySword because we do not have permission from the copyright holders.

#97 Micah Thomas Greene

Micah Thomas Greene

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

This is the directions on how to convert the "The Word" modules but how do you convert the e-sword modules?

#98 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

This is the directions on how to convert the "The Word" modules but how do you convert the e-sword modules?

See here:
http://www.biblesupp...ules/#entry4372

#99 sam

sam

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

is mysword on biblesupport? i just got an android phone (samsung gallaxy) and want to put esword on it.

#100 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

is mysword on biblesupport? i just got an android phone (samsung gallaxy) and want to put esword on it.

Get the MySword app at www.mysword.info or the google play market. www.biblesupport.com only has MySword modules. MySword is not e sword. It is made by totally different developers.
Blessings,
Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users