Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

website search of eSword Downloads

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

I like to use the site search to find modules to download

I have noticed that mysword modules are included in the eSword download search (maybe I should say I eventually notice that they are mySword modules)

Is there anyway you can add mysword downloads to the search filter for the site currently there is
  • Forums
  • Members
  • Help Files
  • News
  • e-Sword Downloads
  • Blogs

Is it possible for MySword Downloads be added so mySword modules are not returned in an e-Sword download search

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#2 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

While we're at it, it would be nice if one could search specifically in one of the sub-categories as well.

*e-Sword Bibles
*e-Sword commentaries
*e-Sword topic files

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I like to use the site search to find modules to download

I have noticed that mysword modules are included in the eSword download search (maybe I should say I eventually notice that they are mySword modules)

You should immediately notice MySword downloads because the file description background is green, as opposed to the white background of a normal download. Pocket e-Sword downloads have a pale yellow background.

Further, when you search for any term, and you see results for e-Sword, Pocket e-Sword, or MySword, the bottom of each search listing clearly identifies MySword with language like: "in MySword Modules -> Commentaries", in "MySword Modules -> Bibles," etc

The top of the MySword download is, " MySword (Mobile) Module Download:". Further down it says, "How do I view MySword modules" and again, "MySword Version:". Not sure how to make that any clearer, without moving MySword to its own website.

As for your other question about excluding my MySword results or adding it to the search menu, no there's not an easy way to do that. But you can search certain categories and you could leave out MySword. See reply to Cobb below.

While we're at it, it would be nice if one could search specifically in one of the sub-categories as well.

*e-Sword Bibles
*e-Sword commentaries
*e-Sword topic files

Click the Advanced Search Icon, the white wheel, to the right of the search icon in the top, right part of the screen. On that screen, choose Downloads. And pick the category or categories you want to search.

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

You should immediately notice MySword downloads because the file description background is green, as opposed to the white background of a normal download. Pocket e-Sword downloads have a pale yellow background.

Yes but that is after you click on it from the search results

Further, when you search for any term, and you see results for e-Sword, Pocket e-Sword, or MySword, the bottom of each search listing clearly identifies MySword with language like: "in MySword Modules -> Commentaries", in "MySword Modules -> Bibles," etc

Yes I will have to start looking at the search results for what category there from especially with the growing number of them

The top of the MySword download is, " MySword (Mobile) Module Download:". Further down it says, "How do I view MySword modules" and again, "MySword Version:". Not sure how to make that any clearer, without moving MySword to its own website.

Again this is on the page after you click on it from the search page

As for your other question about excluding my MySword results or adding it to the search menu, no there's not an easy way to do that. But you can search certain categories and you could leave out MySword. See reply to Cobb below.

I will just not rely on the search results as much and look at the small print of what category there from

Click the Advanced Search Icon, the white wheel, to the right of the search icon in the top, right part of the screen. On that screen, choose Downloads. And pick the category or categories you want to search.

for a broad search of the site that will not work and as you stated above excluding mysword from the result was a NO so again I will just have to pay more attention to the category the search result is from

answers in RED

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Sure, you can search all the downloads, excluding MySword. Follow the instructions I gave to Cobb.

But I find it easier to just look at the bottom of each search result (after searching) that shows in grey text the category identifying the resource as MySword. It starts off MySword -> Category. Peter's great about putting MySword in the title of most his uploads, and that usually identifies it for me.

#6 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

My question was just because it is somewhat annoying to have to go through pages upon pages of MySword files, and topx files that might happen to have the same words, when what I was looking for was a certain Bible file. Thanks for the answer that saves me the aggravation, Josh!

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

My question was just because it is somewhat annoying to have to go through pages upon pages of MySword files, and topx files that might happen to have the same words, when what I was looking for was a certain Bible file. Thanks for the answer that saves me the aggravation, Josh!

The best long term solution would be to move MySword to its own site. I haven't leaped on that because of the license fees and work involved, even when cloning an IPBoard site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users