Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with conversion of rtf to bblx

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

You'd think with all the Bible files I've created, I'd have this figured out by now, but no such luck.

I have a Bible text complete with footnote numbers which is all prepped and ready to go. However, in e-Sword, after the first footnote in each chapter, everything is in superscript until the second footnote shows up. Then the trend continues throughout each chapter with some in regular font, some in superscript.

I have placed a non-superscript space at the end of each verse, made sure the paragraph breaks weren't formatted with superscripts, yet the formatting still carries over to the next verse (and in some instances 4 or 5 verse).

I have tried everything I can think of, but to no avail. I can't find a way to insert a "not raised 3 pts" (\up6) marker after each footnote. So I'm slightly agitated, trying to get this thing to work right.

This problem occured whether using T4 or T3 (in both of which the Bible rtf appeared fine).

Below is the NT rft file

RTF file appears in a later message

Edited by Bradley S. Cobb, 11 June 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

did you use font size set by e-Sword?
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

Yep, as I was directed to do.

#4 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

OK, I did it with the e-Sword font size UN-checked, and it displays a lot better. Except that the superscript numbers are huge instead of small... gonna try some more fun find/replacing...

#5 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

OK, after doing a lot of tweaking, I finally got the text to look right (superscript font size =7). The problem now is this: every time a superscript footnote appears at the end of a line (even when I added a non-superscripted space immediately afterwards), the next verse reference is super-scripted as well.

Here is the updated rtf. I'd appreciate anyone explaining to me why (in e-Sword) this is changing the verse reference size/format. The verses are not affected, but just the verse ref.

Here's a screenshot. Look specifically at the beginning of Mark 4:13 and 15

Edited by Bradley S. Cobb, 11 June 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#6 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Try this

make sure you have the latest version of T4

open T4 hit ctrl +shift+alt+s find rtf tail and change to \cf0\i0\b0\ulnone\nosupersub

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#7 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

It was already set-up that way. Ran it through again with the latest T4, and the issue still remains.

#8 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

hi brad

open ur file in office word find: ([a-z]) font color - red: replace font color red, superscript

then open it in T4 set font size as e-Sword. then convert it to a bible

thanks

Edited by patchworkid, 11 June 2012 - 09:46 AM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#9 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

Tried it. It solved the issue with the verse references being superscript. However, it turned the footnotes into non-superscript (and regular font) letters. So basically, where a footnote was, it now just looks like I misspelled a word, and colored the last letter red.

Edited by Bradley S. Cobb, 11 June 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#10 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

I looked at your RTF file. For superscripts, e-Sword is looking for the RTF tag, \super. The RTF engine both in T3 and T4 do not produce this tag. T4 will convert the RTF tag, \up5 or \up6 to \super when converting to an e-Sword module. Your file has \up9. Edit the RTF directly, and change the \up9 to \up6 and try rebuilding your module.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users