Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Front Page Feeds Auto Updated

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

Here's a cool feature I borrowed from PrayerRequest.com: Jquery code to update the front page without the user refreshing.

Now, when you view the front page, notice that the "What Others are Downloading Now" block automatically updates every few seconds. It's a true feed in the sense that you don't need to refresh the page to see changes.

And the "Quality e-Sword Modules" block (beneath the Downloading block described above) dynamically updates now too, again once every 10 seconds. This section randomly shows modules from module makers whose content and quality is reliably good (i.e. not Module Robot).

And finally, I changed the Lange's ad from a static block to one that rotates to other ads. There's only one other ad there now but it'll be nice to use it later to promote various items.

#2 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hey!

It's not kind calling someone out like that. I'm sure Module Robot is doing all he can for the cause.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

:D You'd be surprised at the number of people who try to talk to "him", like the account is a real person instead of a script that finds and uploads.

#4 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Are those changes why you know have GoogleAPI.com scripts here?

jonathon

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

And finally, I changed the Lange's ad from a static block to one that rotates to other ads. There's only one other ad there now but it'll be nice to use it later to promote various items.

Hi Josh,
Yeah I noticed that when I came online and logged in. Good job, bro. I reckon it's a good way to to see what's hot and what's new.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#6 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Since this has been implemented, the buttons across the top (downloads, forums, etc...) do not have the drop-down menus on the front page. On other pages, they work, but not on the home page.

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Since this has been implemented, the buttons across the top (downloads, forums, etc...) do not have the drop-down menus on the front page. On other pages, they work, but not on the home page.

Fixed, the drop-down menus now drop on the front page. You may have to press F5 or CTRL-F5 to refresh the code, if your browser cached the old content.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Fixed, the drop-down menus now drop on the front page. You may have to press F5 or CTRL-F5 to refresh the code, if your browser cached the old content.

Hi Josh,
Thanks for that fix. I had similar problems that Brad had, and so, much appreciated that you sorted the issue out. Great stuff, mate.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users