Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword v8.x

14 replies to this topic

#1 Tracey

Tracey

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

Is e-Sword v8.x still available for resources that are for v8.x and below only(re: Author C.S Lewis)?
Thanks, Tracey

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

Is e-Sword v8.x still available for resources that are for v8.x and below only(re: Author C.S Lewis)?
Thanks, Tracey

It's possible you could find it on the Internet. I don't believe e-Sword.net hosts version 8 (or any other older version). We don't host the actual e-Sword application(s) because the End User License Agreement says that the e-Sword apps should only be hosted by e-Sword.net, allowing the developer to keep control of its distribution.

If you want to convert eSword 8 resources to 9, there's an app for that...in the e-Sword Utilities section.

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Is e-Sword v8.x still available

• e-Sword 8.x is not longer supported;
  • e-Sword 8.x is no longer distributed by e-Sword.net;
  • The e-Sword license prohibits third party distribution via the Internet;
Over the last decade, several organizations obtained permission to distribute e-Sword in a manner that would otherwise be a license violation. I do not have a list of those organizations. It is possible that one of those organizations is still distributing e-Sword 8.x.

As far as the resources go, my recommendation would be to write down a list of resources that are available for e-Sword 8.x, but are not available for e-Sword 9.x.

jonathon

#4 Tracey

Tracey

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

• e-Sword 8.x is not longer supported;
  • e-Sword 8.x is no longer distributed by e-Sword.net;
  • The e-Sword license prohibits third party distribution via the Internet;
Over the last decade, several organizations obtained permission to distribute e-Sword in a manner that would otherwise be a license violation. I do not have a list of those organizations. It is possible that one of those organizations is still distributing e-Sword 8.x.

As far as the resources go, my recommendation would be to write down a list of resources that are available for e-Sword 8.x, but are not available for e-Sword 9.x.

jonathon

So far the list only includes the resources written by C.S Lewis(the Author).
Thanks, Tracey

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

So far the list only includes the resources written by C.S Lewis(the Author).
Thanks, Tracey

Search for "lewis" and notice the new 9.x C.S. Lewis resources...

Operation Heaven Sent sent us a DVD with a lot of 9.x resources we didn't already have. Some of those were the C.S. Lewis files in 9.x format.

#6 pinnacle1

pinnacle1

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I was on e-sword users looking for John Lightfoot's commentary and it said that it was available here. It is not here. Is there any way that it could be made available? I have no interest in leaving version 8. Thanks

#7 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

I was on e-sword users looking for John Lightfoot's commentary and it said that it was available here. It is not here. Is there any way that it could be made available? I have no interest in leaving version 8. Thanks

The only thing I can think of is to do an Internet search and see if you can find a site that still hosts version 8 resources. I don't know of any.

Edited by journey, 26 March 2013 - 01:56 PM.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#8 user213

user213

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

That is something I have noticed quite frequently, A resource on the (now closed) e-sword-users site will say that the module is available here, but I have not been able to find them.  Right now I am in the middle of trying to find the BDB dictionary for version 8.

#9 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

That is something I have noticed quite frequently, A resource on the (now closed) e-sword-users site will say that the module is available here, but I have not been able to find them.  Right now I am in the middle of trying to find the BDB dictionary for version 8.

There isn't any version 8 modules here. If you look on the profile for the Administrator of this site (Josh Bond) you will see quoted:

I am unable to provide modules for or support e-Sword 7 or 8. Please post on the forums instead.

I suggest that you upgrade to the latest version of e-Sword and enjoy many improvements and enhanced functions. It's going to be increasingly difficult to find anything for version 7 or 8. If your concern is purchased modules, those can be updated to the latest e-Sword version.

Most e-Sword purchased modules were obtained here, and they maintained a record of your purchase with the keys you will need to install the updated resource.

https://estudysource...page/index.aspx

The link below is the FAQ for e-Sword. Pay particular attention to the first entry about updating purchased resources.

http://www.e-sword.net/faq.html

If you bought a module from a vendor other than estudysource, you can send a request for information about where to obtain the latest module.

http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

Edited by journey, 26 March 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

I ended (official website) support for e-Sword 8 when I started this website. People sometimes upload 8.x modules but they're not supported and almost never created anymore.

It looks like with eSnips gone, the bulk of the Internet's e-Sword 8 modules went with it. 

josh

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users