Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Download of Hebrew OT - Westminster Leningrad Codex

Old Testament

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 fmcleod@comcast.net

fmcleod@comcast.net

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thanks, Peter. When I said what I did, it occurred to me that Raymond said his database showed the text correctly. Above, I should have said the "RightToLeft" field was value=1 ... Since his text in the database looked correct, I tried to change the RightToLeft to "0" ... all that happened was that the verse number got put on the right side of the text rather than the left. The text was still backwards.

I have asked MySword ... just keeping you up to date for any future reference ideas.

Blessings!

Frank

#12 fmcleod@comcast.net

fmcleod@comcast.net

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

I am leaving it with the MySword people to answer. Since Raymond showed that the text in the database read in the proper order, I tried toggling the RightToLeft field from 1 to 0 to see what it would do. It only moved the verse number from the right side to the left side of the text ... the text was still reading left to right.

I am going to try my own hand at some conversion ideas. I'll let you know if I have success so that other users can piggyback onto it.

Thanks, again.

#13 fmcleod@comcast.net

fmcleod@comcast.net

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

To any others who may stumble upon this post. With Kindle Fire I cannot find an answer to the WLC Hebrew text problem.. All of the data on the database is right. The MySword support people only say that it is fixed in Honeycomb and ICS android systems. I have asked the Kindle Fire support people if there are any plans to upgrade their software for the same kind of fixes. ... awaiting reply.

#14 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Even my cheap Vizio tablets that I got for my sons had an update to Honeycomb. Hopefully Kindle Fire will follow suit.

Were you able to install MySword on your Kindle fire from the internet without rooting your device?

#15 fmcleod@comcast.net

fmcleod@comcast.net

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yes, the install went very well. Downloading of all the modules inside MySword and the ones from your site went very well. The only issue I had in the whole process was the Hebrew text thing. I am a happy camper. In Church this morning I was able (Deluxe version) to have up Malachi in KJV, KJV with Strongs, Dictionary and Commentary in four windows all synced and working like a charm while the pastor preached and I studied his texts. (I'm a retired minister, I mostly use the study tools now for my own continued growth.)

Peter, I know I have beaten this horse, but again, thanks for the time you put in on this site. It is really great work.

Frank

#16 Atheist Rob

Atheist Rob

e-Sword Addict

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hi Frank, if the Kindle is running Gingerbread (or earlier) your problem is no with MySword nor with the RTL boolean in the database but due to a bug in the Android HTML rendering engine. Android phones for the Israeli and Arab markets were patched to fix this but in general the problem is only ficed in Honeycomb and ICS.

Regards,
Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users