Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Uploading modules from other websites

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I've updated the Upload Policy you see when they upload a module.

If you download an e-Sword module elsewhere and then you want to upload it to BibleSupport.com, please include the website URL where you found it and note module maker (if known) in the description. This ensures proper attribution for modules downloaded elsewhere.

If you download a theWord module and convert it to e-Sword, make a note of where it came from (i.e. I converted this module from www.website.com/whatever). If you made changes (like fixing OCR errors, better formatting, etc) be sure to mention that too, so others know this is a better version (i.e. This module is based on John Doe's module at www.website.com/whatever but I have made substantial formatting improvements).

Obviously, if you made the module yourself, this requirement does not apply. This also does not apply to modules that you downloaded long ago if you do not remember the website or the website no longer exists.

This policy is aimed at modules you might download elsewhere and then immediately upload here.

Edited by Josh Bond, 29 May 2012 - 07:07 PM.
Clarify theWord resources

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Josh,
Does this apply for modules that people are shifting from theWord to e sword?

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Yes, if you download a theWord module and convert it to e-Sword, make a note of where it came from (i.e. I converted this module from www.website.com/whatever).

If you made changes (like fixing OCR errors, better formatting, etc) be sure to mention that too, so others know this is a better version.

Josh

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

I've updated the Upload Policy you see when they upload a module.

If you download an e-Sword module elsewhere and then you want to upload it to BibleSupport.com, please include the website URL where you found it and note module maker (if known) in the description. This ensures proper attribution for modules downloaded elsewhere.

Obviously, if you made the module yourself, this requirement does not apply. This also does not apply to modules that you downloaded long ago if you do not remember the website or the website no longer exists.

This policy is aimed at modules you might download elsewhere and then immediately upload here.

If you made changes (like fixing OCR errors, better formatting, etc) be sure to mention that too, so others know this is a better version.

Hi Josh,
Great idea and a great move. This, I think, really lifts the bar on quality over quantity of resources. If I know that a module has been properly edited and is easy to read (and I'm not talking about language/grammar styles, but the presentation of text) then I would be one to always downloaded the "new" and improved edition over what can be regarded as "a crappy looking resource."

So, thanks for implementing this policy.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 29 May 2012 - 07:05 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

As a reminder, anyone who uses material from David Cox's website, please credit the module file listing accordingly.

I don't believe any of you use his material (that I've seen), but if you or are thinking about it, please credit his module's accordingly.

#6 panieee

panieee

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

How does one go about converting a TheWord resource into a MySword resource?

#7 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

panieee,

The mySword website has the conversion tools needed on their download page and can be found here.

The forums section here on BibleSupport.com has an area dedicated to mySword.

There is a pinned discussion at the top of that area on how to do the conversions.

That can be found here.

Note: Any module that you wish to convert needs to NOT be an encrypted module. (This pretty much leaves out converting any commercial -read that to mean Purchased- modules. This also applies to any modules that are "offically" distributed by/downloaded from the e-sword.net web site.

Hope thi at least points you in the right direction.

Roy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users