Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Lightfoot's Commentary on the Whole Bible

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grace

Grace

Liking e-Sword

• Members (T)
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

I downloaded this file, ran the executable but it does not appear in my Commentary window. I checked the program files and it is located in the proper directory. I do have Lightfoot's NT Commentary installed, but even when I removed this file (thinking there may be a conflict) the commentary on the whole bible was not visible from my Commentary window. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and Lightfoot Commentary (Complete) Whole Bible.cmtx is located in c:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword. Any suggestions?

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

I downloaded this file, ran the executable but it does not appear in my Commentary window. I checked the program files and it is located in the proper directory. I do have Lightfoot's NT Commentary installed, but even when I removed this file (thinking there may be a conflict) the commentary on the whole bible was not visible from my Commentary window. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and Lightfoot Commentary (Complete) Whole Bible.cmtx is located in c:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword. Any suggestions?

The text you're looking for in the Commentary Tab is: Lightfoot. If any other commentaries have the same name in the Commentary Tab, e-Sword only shows the first one it finds.

However, this resource has two problems. First, it's highly annoying when a resource puts: "This verse has no commentary" on verses that have no commentary. It renders e-Sword's (i) feature useless (the blue letter i that appears next to commentary names when a verse does have a comment).

Second, this resource is not a commentary on the whole Bible. It's just a commentary on the 4 Gospels. All of the comments for the Old Testament are simply "This verse has no commentary". I suspect this is the point you were trying to make? That the resource doesn't have any real OT comments. If so, you're absolutely right. I will fix this now by removing the file since other files already have the Lightfoot commentary on the gospels.

Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users