Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Module Robot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Assuming that "Module Robot" is an unattended bot/web spider whose mission is to explore strange new sites, to download new resources, and to boldly go where no e-Sword bot has gone before.

Can it be modified to post a daily message to its blog, listing resources it has found that day?

Not a list of resources it added to BibleSupport.com. (That update can be found at http://www.biblesupp...5-module-robot/, then clicking on "files").
On second thoughts, how about having it make two daily posts: One post consisting of resources it found that day, and one post consisting of resources it submitted that day.

Eventually, that blog will list all e-Sword resources that have been distributed on the Internet.

jonathon

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hi Are you saying that you will be able to list modules that can not be posted on this site? example - copyrighted materials? Resources that you can, can not buy anywhere.

I would like a list of all e-Sword modules Public and non-Public resources. (I make modules for my own personal Bible study. example: I brought a Study Bible a while ago and really enjoyed studying from it. So I purchased it as a CD software and converted over to e-Sword. Now I enjoyed the fruits of it on e-Sword.)

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

Are you saying that you will be able to list modules that can not be posted on this site?

Ask Josh. It is his site.

What I am suggesting is that the bot list all of the resources it finds. Those that it has previously submitted, those that it submitted that day, and those that it can not submit for copyright, or other reasons.

I would like a list of all e-Sword modules Public and non-Public resources.

The bot would only list resources that have been released on the Internet. The resources you create, but did not release over the Internet would not be found by your bot.

OTOH, a different type of bot/web spider, might/should be able to find an announcement you made about that private resource, and list it somewhere.
That type of bot is more advanced/requires more complex programming than I was suggesting here.

On the gripping hand, once I get my desktop tuned, and other kinks solved, I should be able to program my search engine bot to locate that data, and post it somewhere. Probably http://sword-and-sca...d.blogspot.com/, but maybe a new blog. Something that the bot can email data to be automatically posted on the blog.

I'm building a private search engine on my desktop computer. Basically it is a test bed for an idea I have for a website. I've run into one big problem, and it isn't yet functional --- I've run out of diskspace. Amazing how little data a 3TB drive can hold.

###

One of the major criticisms of An e-Sword Module Database was that it listed resources that were not publicly available.

One of the major criticisms of Currently Available e-Sword Modules, was that it did not provide the specific URL for each resource. The site URL was insufficent for some people to locate the specific resource.

Both of those documents were done by hand. The closest to having a bot do any work, was the Google Alert, Yahoo Alert, and other alerts provided by various search engines, and other websites, for a dozen or so different keyword matches.

jonathon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users