Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Call to Resource Builders

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

You need to make ONE entry per line. The sample file you sent has one single line.

#12 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

Hi BH can you Please rewrite the sample I sent. So I can understand how to make the list correctly.

Thanks for your help
Patchworkid

See attachment:Attached File  Abbr.txt   10.83K   9 downloads

I think this should work and you can add to it. by editing in T3 Abbre. You can rename the file but you have to keep Abbr in front of it. ex. - (Abbr Lange's)

thanks again
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#13 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hi BH can you Please rewrite the sample I sent. So I can understand how to make the list correctly. Thanks for your help Patchworkid See attachment:Attached File  Abbr.txt   10.83K   9 downloads I think this should work and you can add to it. by editing in T3 Abbre. You can rename the file but you have to keep Abbr in front of it. ex. - (Abbr Lange's) thanks again Patchworkid

Having ABBR at the beginning of the file name will just make it appear in the initial list in the Open File dialog box, which has the pattern "abbr*.txt". You can change the pattern to what ever you want, such as *.txt, or Lange*.txt, or what ever. But T3 will start with ABBR*.txt, and that allows for faster finding of files names ABBR+what ever.txt.

I have several different abbreviation lists for different projects. The List you have shown will work, but again, it is best to know the text that you are working on. If Isaiah is ALWAYS abbreviated ISA, then remove the other Isaiah abbreviations, to minimize false hits. Example, T3 will interpret the following as Isaiah 2 and tooltip it if "IS" is retained as an abbreviation for Isaiah, "It is 2 miles to the post office" would become "It Isa_2:1-22 miles to the post office". This is not what you want, and removing the "IS" abbreviation will eliminate this false hit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users