Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Call to Resource Builders

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

Hi all e-Sword Resource Builder (you know who you are).

My Desire is to have as many resources for e-Sword, so people can study the Word of God (2Tim 2:15). That is why I make modules.
I have loads of modules, PDFs, and text to convert over to e-Sword. I would like to know if anybody is interested in Helping me to make modules? If So send me a message.

Please see attachment: mainly Topics Attached File  Modules to work on.zip   35.28MB   12 downloads

thanks a lot
Niobi aka Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#2 James Rice

James Rice

Moderator / Resource Builder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

Hi all e-Sword Resource Builder (you know who you are).

My Desire is to have as many resources for e-Sword, so people can study the Word of God (2Tim 2:15). That is why I make modules.
I have loads of modules, PDFs, and text to convert over to e-Sword. I would like to know if anybody is interested in Helping me to make modules? If So send me a message.

thanks a lot
Niobi aka Patchworkid

Tell us what you have and who the authors are, I might be interested. Although I'm working on several lengthy modules myself.

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

Here's a good tip for PDF's.

When you copy text from a PDF, many times you may lose formatting (bold, italics, paragraph indents, etc). Other times, a line break may be inserted at the end of each line. And still other times, odd characters can appear in your pasted text.

Nitro PDF makes a suite of PDF to RTF converters (and other formats).

You can use www.pdftoword.com to convert many PDF's to Word format (just select RTF to convert to RTF) with all the formatting in-tact and no line breaks. Huge time saver! That site is free, and I don't think there's a limit as to how often you can use it. It is a hassle, you have to upload the file, the site processes it, and emails it to you. They obviously want you to buy the Nitro suite to do batch conversions, but for free, you can't beat that site. There's other products out there too but none quite as good as this one (that I've found).

Josh

#4 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

I have loads of modules, PDFs, and text to convert over to e-Sword. I would like to know if anybody is interested in Helping me to make modules?

At least half of the files in the archive you uploaded, are currently available as e-Sword resources.

That says nothing about the quality of the e-Sword resource. That also says nothing about the quality of the files that you uploaded.

I'm going to quote Maria quoting Carlos on that issue:

Hace unos días se publicaron en el grupo unas indicaciones de cómo exportar módulos a pocket e-Sword, y parece que han sido de utilidad, porque desde entonces varios miembros del grupo han convertido y publicado la mayoría de los recursos de que disponemos. Eso es muy bueno, y en nombre de todos me gustaría daros las gracias a los que habéis hecho ese esfuerzo. Por otra parte, lo cierto es que varios de esos módulos no están bien acabados. Especialmente los diccionarios que tienen palabras en hebreo y griego, como el Strong o los diccionarios de Vine, o los módulos que tienen formatos con colores, negritas, etc, no se ven bien. Aparecen códigos entre el texto, sale todo en negrita, etc. Además, algunos de ellos ya estaban publicados antes. Por eso, quisiera daros unas sugerencias, para evitar que haya un montón de versiones defectuosas diferentes de cada recurso:

• Antes de convertir un módulo, comprobad o preguntad si ya está hecho. Por ejemplo, Strong y los Vine ya están publicados y bien acabados, lo que supuso muchas horas de trabajo. Es una pérdida de tiempo repetir todo ese trabajo cuando ya está hecho.
  • Al convertir un módulo, antes de publicarlo, hay que revisarlo. Es decir, hay que comprobar que se abre bien, que está el título y la información adecuada en la pantalla de Información, buscar varios versículos, o varias palabras en el diccionario (no dos o tres, sino treinta, o cuarenta, del AT y del NT, comprobar que esalen los apócrifos si los tiene, buscar tanto palabras hebreas como griegas, etc) , utilizarlo durante unos días para ver que todo va bien, e incluso hacérselo llegar a alguien de confianza para que lo pruebe, indicándole claramente que se trata de una versión de prueba que no se debe distribuir.
  • Nunca se debe distribuir un módulo sin probarlo antes**, porque una vez que se publica en Internet ya es imparable, y el resultado es que acabamos teniendo cincuenta versiones distintas del mismo. Es mucho mejor esperar unos días, detectar y depurar los errores, y publicar una versión fiable y bien acabada.
  • Si hiciste un módulo, y después te has dado cuenta de que tiene errores y sacas un versión nueva, súbelo a todas las páginas donde esté el antiguo, borrando el viejo e indicando la fecha de la actualización. Por ejemplo, la RV60+ que existe ahora mismo no está bien terminada, porque los códigos morfológicos deberían aparecer en voladita y de otro color. Si ahora alguien la corrige, es mejor que elimine la versión antigua y suba la nueva con fecha de hoy, incluso añadiendo "corregido el formato de los códigos morfológicos". Así, si yo tengo esta Biblia, y veo que hay una actualización, sé si la que tengo es la vieja, o si se trata de la misma y no merece la pena descargarla. Por cierto, no hace falta que nadie corrija la RV60+, porque ya casi está.
  • A María y los moderadores de los grupos: os sugiero no publicar módulos que no estén bien acabados o, si lo preferís, crear una carpeta con módulos bien acabados, y otra con los dudosos. Muchas gracias por seguir estas indicaciones para el bien de todos.
Un saludo,

Carlos.

jonathon

#5 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hi all. I would like HELP with the Lange's cmt. Can anybody help me tool tip the some of the old testament books. and proof read (check the verses) to see if it need to be tool tipped. Like Josh said it is a huge project.

All I need is some HELP to tool Tip the books of the Old Testament. The scripture text is misspelled like Matthe, Isai, Jho, etc.

thanks for your help in making this Huge cmt.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#6 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hi all. I would like HELP with the Lange's cmt. Can anybody help me tool tip the some of the old testament books. and proof read (check the verses) to see if it need to be tool tipped. Like Josh said it is a huge project.

All I need is some HELP to tool Tip the books of the Old Testament. The scripture text is misspelled like Matthe, Isai, Jho, etc.

thanks for your help in making this Huge cmt.

thanks
Patchworkid

Question - are the names you say that are misspelled, consistently misspelled, or is it the result of OCR errors? If they are consistently misspelled, then if you use ToolTip Tool, you can add the misspelled words to the Abbreviation list, and they will then convert. But if the errors are a bunch of random errors, then that will not work. But then also, if these are randomly misspelled, then there are probably many more errors... I'm trying to understand your situation.

#7 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

HI BH How do you add to the Abbreviation list?

#8 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

HI BH How do you add to the Abbreviation list?

Is that your problem?

In T3:
1) Click Abbr+Copy Internal List to External List
2) Edit the new external list you just created
3) In T3, again click Abbr+Use External List, to now use your edited list.

When editing the external list, note you need to keep the index number associated with the given book. Example, Revelation would be:
66-REVELATION
66-REVE
66-REV
66-RE
66-RV
66-APOCALIPSIS
66-APOC
66-AP
66-APO

You may want to remove the Spanish abbreviations. Also, if you put a semi-colon in front of an abbreviation, the also removes that abbrevation but leaves it your list
66-REVELATION
66-REVE
66-REV
66-RE
66-RV
;66-APOCALIPSIS
;66-APOC
;66-AP
;66-APO

If the work you are converting ALWAYS used "Rev" for revelation, then you can remove all but that abbreviation:
;66-REVELATION
;66-REVE
66-REV
;66-RE
;66-RV
;66-APOCALIPSIS
;66-APOC
;66-AP
;66-APO

OR you can just delete them
66-REV

#9 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

Also note - you can have multiple external abbreviation lists if you'd like, for different projects.

#10 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

HI BH is this what you suggest me to do and how do you open it to use it? When I tried to open it it will not open.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users