Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

The Resourcer Utility

10 replies to this topic

#1 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:46 AM

I just wanted to say that I downloaded the Resourcer Utility yesterday.....VERY NICE....extremely easy to use. After an hour of "test driving "it, I must say it's all I had hoped it would be !!!! And Josh allow me to thank you for giving it the space you did....in explaining its function etc. This is an excellent addition to all the fine materials you folks are offering up here at BibleSupport. I know I'm not a computer Techie or anything.....but If I can figure out how to use Resourcer in about 10 mins. anyone can ! Folks if you're concidering Resourcer as an addition to your E-sword arsenal of "goodies"....you really need to give this a try !!
Dartmaster

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Is there a limit of resources you can check on workspaces? I set up workspace 1 and saved it but the last few I checked appear unchecked when I change between workspaces. I tried several times and the same few keep disappearing.

#3 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

Is there a limit of resources you can check on workspaces? I set up workspace 1 and saved it but the last few I checked appear unchecked when I change between workspaces. I tried several times and the same few keep disappearing.

There doesn't seem to be any limitations on how many resources you can use. In fact there's an.... <A> All e-Sword Modules....just above workspace 1.
I personally have used 2 workplaces. One with only 20 or so modules.....however the other one has approx 85. You might try taking out a few modules....then adding in those few that keep disappearing.....that may be very telling.
be sure when you add in the few missing modules that you hit the save setting.....then hit the activate setting.then when you open E-sword they should be there. Let me know how it goes for you.
Dartmaster644

#4 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Allow me to add this as well....be sure to check the modules button at the top of Resourcer. Click on it and a drop down list will show. Check to see if all catagories are check marked except.....(only e-sword modules) and (single e-sword tab row)....if one of those catagories don't have a check mark it may prevent a module from being used....i'm not sure about this ....i'm brainstorming. Good Luck my friend.
Dartmaster644
PS..when ya get this figured out let me know !

#5 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

I didn't figure there was a limit due to the all section but this is a puzzle. I unchecked some and checked the illusive ones and they are all unchecked when I save and reopen.

In the module menu tab when the workplaces are open most of the options are greyed and "only esword modules" is checked. ????

#6 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

what are those last few resources that keep "disappearing" ?(Bibles..Commentaries..Dictionatries) ???? I'm asking to see if I can duplicate what is happening to you. Also...are they 3rd Party Modules ?? I ask this because there may be some property missing in them that may cause them to be incompatible with Resourcer. Like I said earlier I'm no authority on Resourcer....but if we can come up with an answer it may well help someone later on that has the same problem.
Dartmaster644

#7 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

vine nt and ot dict, vws comm, webster bible, webster dict, wesley comm, wiersbe comm, and ylt bible.

Okay, I can have tvm dict and two babylons dict checked but nothing below that or I can uncheck them but nothing below that will remain if checked.

Note, I can check others at the top of the list and they remain so it is not a number limit, seems to be something alphabetical. My next ones under tvm and two are twot tyndale etc.

edit: I just tried those below in another workspace and they will not save in the new list either.

#8 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

Okay, fixed it, my file name for twot had a Copyright symbol in it (Circle with C in it), removed it and all is well. Evidently the resourcer somehow stops reading something at that symbol.

I now have all I want below that checked and saving :-)

Edit: Has anyone figured out where Resourcer stores the info for the workspaces? I'd like to copy it other computers to save all the clicking and saving.

#9 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

Okay, fixed it, my file name for twot had a Copyright symbol in it (Circle with C in it), removed it and all is well. Evidently the resourcer somehow stops reading something at that symbol.

Edit: Has anyone figured out where Resourcer stores the info for the workspaces? I'd like to copy it other computers to save all the clicking and saving.

well...............PRAISE THE LORD !!!!

#10 Fred

Fred

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hi.

I'm glad you fixed your problem, exscentric.  [I never thought of what a copyright symbol might do in the middle of a filename before -- I never even thought of having such a symbol in a filename of any sort - (smile).]

As for the Registry, all of Resourcer's settings are stored at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cetus\Resourcer.  And, as I surmise you already know (based upon your question), you could then export all the the settings to a .REG file with RegEdit, and then import the .REG file on another PC to "save all the clicking and saving".

[Fred (the developer)]

Edited by Fred, 26 October 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Keep Lookin' Up !!!

[Fred]

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users